Amazon parts

Sort of a side issue, but somewhat related: I was at the mechanic a few days ago booking truck in for fuel pump replacement (240,000 km and I prefer scheduled maintenance to roadside breakdown). He mentions he's had a bad run with after market pumps for chev lately, 4 out of the last 6 failed within weeks of install. Hmm, I have 2 trips to the coast in the next few weeks. I had him call dealership and order Delco part. $250 extra but what price on disrupted WH charter while you get towed and repaired?

bought this hydraulic seal kit from Amazon and installed it. 3 months later leaking worse that the ones I replaced. Notice no longer available and the comments are the same as what I experienced. Replaced with oem ones and worked great. PIA rebleeding.

The last few years I have found some Yamaha parts to be long delivery from the local Yamaha dealer. A local mechanic in Langley saved the season for me with a couple of used parts on EBay. For routine parts I often go to SIM Yamaha on line and pick the parts up at a “mail box“ in Point Roberts. As earlier poster said freight in US can be cheap or free.

Back