Amazon parts

scott craven

Anybody have any experience ordering engine parts from Amazon ?
Impeller kit $37.75 generic vs $117.00 at Sherwood for OEM Yamaha parts
My mechanic has advised against it so I'll likely pass.

Last edited:
I've ordered lots off of Amazon, always satisfied,and if you're not returns are painless,why pay all the mark up if you can get what you need for way less. 😉

My boat is a 5.7 carberated so I do my own work,I only buy quicksilver or sierra parts. But I get it piece of mind is good. In my experience parts have been the same quality at alot cheaper pricing

ive bought some. some were fakes. most were good. the trick is to recognize which is which and file a claim with the sellers immediately.
amazon is pretty good with most claims.

I always buy the OEM parts from my local dealer. Have used Amazon a couple of times for trailer parts but not going to do it again. Parts were cheap but didn't last very long.
I'm not a fan of Amazon in general esp. if I have the option to buy from a local shop. Keeps the small guys in business and I get to talk to a human as opposed to a bot. I'm old school, I know...

Reminds me of the time I bought a jobber impeller and it ended up in fragments throughout my cooling system, including the heat exchanger😬

Anybody have any experience ordering engine parts from Amazon ?
Impeller kit $37.75 generic vs $117.00 at Sherwood for OEM Yamaha parts
My mechanic has advised against it so I'll likely pass.

If it is sierra brand I would be ok with it. Sierra has been around long enough to prove themselves. If it is some wierd off brand, nope

Last edited:
Another NO to after market impellers. I had 2 from Sierra that took a shape and didn't pump at 0 hours service. Genuine BRP parts from here on.

I take the sports car approach with boats. Lots of maintenance and best quality consumables. Yes it's more expensive, but there's no BCAA where we go and you can't always 'pull off the road.' There's times when even a few seconds without power could put you in serious danger.

Another NO to after market impellers. I had 2 from Sierra that took a shape and didn't pump at 0 hours service. Genuine BRP parts from here on.

I take the sports car approach with boats. Lots of maintenance and best quality consumables. Yes it's more expensive, but there's no BCAA where we go and you can't always 'pull off the road.' There's times when even a few seconds without power could put you in serious danger.
X2 exactly my experience

You can often find factory parts for half if you order from the states.

Less attitude as well. I want impellers and gaskets not a lecture on how I should be buying entire waterpump kits every year.

You can often find factory parts for half if you order from the states.

Less attitude as well. I want impellers and gaskets not a lecture on how I should be buying entire waterpump kits every year.
Good policy is to keep a full pump kit in your spares box just in case you find ugliness during the scheduled impeller change.

Back