All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update on buddy in the hospital with blood clots from the vaccine.
Had a surgery on on one leg to remove clots. Daily blood transfusions to help with the clotting in the lungs.
Things are still not great.
As a RN if he’s in hospital he’s likely on a heparin drip which thins your blood then they will transition to an oral anti-coagulant like Coumadin or xarelto. Getting blood clots should not dramatically drop your hgb if you are healthy this occurs because of anemia or trauma causing blood loss, which is why you would get a blood transfusion. Let’s not talk about Heath care/treatments unless you really know what is going on, otherwise it’s misinformation and no personal attack to you about your post.

Your just pissed I am not following the narrative.
If this is in response to my post, I’m just explaining the standard care for post-op thrombectomy pts or people who have DVT’s and P.E’s (blood clots in legs and lungs). My wife got COVID from 2’days of time in the office, with some lax mask use. The disease is real. Sadly someone always has to be the actual person to make the statistic real, it sucks to be that person (even if you do everything right). Ie some will die of covid and some will have adverse reactions to vaccines (treatments). I hope your friend gets better soon, and has minimal lasting impact.

Your just pissed I am not following the narrative.

Since when is context from a professional a derision of your statement?

This ENTIRE thing is a numbers game. Some people will have a bad reaction to a vaccine. This could be a sore arm...or it could be a blood clot. No matter, the rate of serious adverse events is extremely low, and so far only two cases of brain clots have been linked to AZ in Canada.

Thats not to say your buddy doesn't have an AZ linked clot. Its not to say that F_W_E is wrong...its just to say those clots are extremely rare.

Anecdotes...while interesting...are often meaningless without the context.

Context in this case is a completely naieve population, with no immunity and a 1% mortality rate. Its a "if you wind up in the hospital with covid, you'll likely have a blood lot. Its an understanding that yes vaccines come with risks, but so does the disease.

Nobody's twisting arms. Get the poke or don't. I've had mine...and I would do it 1000 times over again.

All Americans 16 years and older are eligible for Covid-19 vaccines starting today
From CNN's Arlette Saenz and Christina Maxouris

As all Americans 16 years and older become eligible for the vaccine today, the White House is launching a media blitz to raise awareness about Americans' vaccine eligibility, an administration official said.

Earlier this month, President Biden moved up the deadline for states to make all American adults eligible for the vaccine to April 19, after an original deadline of May 1. All 50 US states committed to Biden's expedited deadline earlier this month, with Hawaii becoming the last state to do so on April 7.

The White House blitz, outlined by the administration official, will include more than 30 local media interviews across the country. Part of their outreach will target specific constituencies, including Black, Latino and rural communities, through interviews with outlets such as the Rickey Smiley Morning Show, Telemundo and All Ag News. There will also be a series of national media hits featuring doctors.

White House Senior Adviser for Covid Response Andy Slavitt told CNN's Pamela Brown Sunday that 90% of Americans will be within 5 miles of a vaccine distribution site.

He added there are plenty of vaccine appointments available across the country, and while people might not be able to get an appointment Monday, it's getting substantially easier for people to get appointments, noting that there are more than 50 million doses out there waiting for people.

More than half of all US adults, meanwhile, have now gotten at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

But some experts worry that now comes the hard part: reaching the audiences that aren't as eager to get vaccinated against the virus.

"I worry that we're starting to get to that point — which we always knew existed somewhere in the horizon — where the level of supply would outstrip the demand," epidemiologist Dr. Abdul El-Sayed told CNN on Sunday.

Read more about where things stand in US vaccinations here.

Canada's health care workers brace for the painful blow of a punishing third wave

"For days now, as the Covid-19 case count mounted and hospital admissions surged, Canadians seemed dismayed and asked: How could this happen here, where most people dutifully followed public health guidelines?

Provincial governments across the country are now reckoning with a damaging Covid-19 third wave that might imperil the universal health care system of which Canadians are so fiercely proud.

From coast to coast, across thousands of miles and hundreds of hospitals, many provinces are now anxiously watching the case count rise. That's happening as variants of concern spread a more contagious virus to younger Canadians and send more people in hospital.

On Saturday, Ontario again shattered fresh records for both hospital and ICU admissions. Modeling released by the province's expert advisory panel Friday detailed a dire snapshot of the crisis already unfolding in hospitals and how the situation is likely to get even worse.

"Notice that our hospitals can no longer function normally -- they are bursting at their seams," said Dr. Adalsteinn Brown, Ontario's science advisory co-chair. "We're setting up field hospitals, and we're separating critically ill patients from their families by helicoptering them across the province for care. Our children's hospitals are now admitting adults as patients. This has never happened in Ontario before. It's never happened in Canada before."

Brown was strikingly blunt about a worst-case scenario: Ontario could be forced to ration care, especially for critical care spots.

Health Canada reported a 35% increase in hospitalizations -- and a more than 20% increase in ICU admissions throughout Canada in the week ending April 11. More troubling is the mortality trend, with a 38% increase in deaths in the last week alone."

Just read in the news that Horgan dosent want Albertans coming into BC. Hotels wont be aloud to honor bookings.. Still have international flights coming in daily..

Well the good news is we can just go to Alaska & get a free vaccine!! Plus you can actually keep a fish there.

A sign at the boarder wont stop canadian citizens from traveling freely through out our country. This is madness...

Good luck BC... Hopefully some of the tourism business survive this.

Last edited:
Just read in the news that Horgan dosent want Albertans coming into BC. Hotels wont be aloud to honor bookings.. Still have international flights coming in daily..

Well the good news is we can just go to Alaska. They have fishing regulations in place with no surprises coming. Also no one protest tourist or damages their car. Best part, you get a free vaccination! This may be how i get my second shot quicker.

Have fun in Alaska then.

Well the good news is we can just go to Alaska & get a free vaccine!! Plus you can actually keep a fish there.

A sign at the boarder wont stop canadian citizens from traveling freely through out my country. This is madness...

You may want to check the catch regulations for non Alaska residents before you sign up to go to Alaska

A sign at the boarder wont stop canadian citizens from traveling freely through out my country. This is madness...

Yes.....the Alberta Variant seems to be out of control...lol If only BC had shut down the borders to Alberta sooner we might of had a chance to keep the Brazilian...UK and other international Variants out. Who knew it was an Alberta issue all along. I hate myself for even reading this thread however people need to pull their heads out of their a$$ and take a deep breath.....

Have fun in Alaska then.

Oh I'm not going to Alaska. Unless I need a vaccine.. I will fish in my own country waters.

I will be heading to Rupert in a few weeks. I will pay at the pump and have zero contact with anyone. I wont let the sign at the boarder slow me down.
It's crazy how residents of BC cant travel outside there health region? Are pepole ok with that? Mean while international flights coming in...

Oh I'm not going to Alaska. Unless I need a vaccine.. I will fish in my own country waters.

I will be heading to Rupert in a few weeks. I will pay at the pump and have zero contact with anyone. I wont let the sign at the boarder slow me down.
It's crazy how residents of BC cant travel outside there health region? Are pepole ok with that? Mean while international flights coming in...

about half the people on the radio today said restrictions won’t change there plans and the other half phone in to complain about Thoes people who said that.

Hopefully by mid to late summer things will be trending down strongly. Between the warmer weather and vaccinations I hope we see a slow return to normal. We have our plans and won’t change them until just before we go if we have too. I’m not going to be going out there to fight with people. If people are going to be giving us a hard time I’m not going. I don’t take to people sticking their face in my business,, I can see the outcome already. So for me I’m better off just staying home if thats what it comes too.

I know it’s a knee jerk reaction to this thing by all provincial governments but really what are they supposed to do. Damned if they do dammed if they don’t type thing. This falls solely on the feds for not being on top of the vaccine procurement in the first place. Just a terrible mess they have put this country in.

Last edited:

What I’ve read BC has asked people in their own province not to travel outside their health region as well. It’s not just an anti Alberta thing. They are going to be randomly checking those with BC plates as well. Ferries are being told not to admit those with RV’s, doesn’t say AB rv’s just rv’s in general.
I‘m not taking this personal, I think it’s dumb but it’s not personal. If everyone would be more stringent with the precautions in place maybe we wouldn't need these measures.

What I’ve read BC has asked people in their own province not to travel outside their health region as well. It’s not just an anti Alberta thing. They are going to be randomly checking those with BC plates as well. Ferries are being told not to admit those with RV’s, doesn’t say AB rv’s just rv’s in general.
I‘m not taking this personal, I think it’s dumb but it’s not personal. If everyone would be more stringent with the precautions in place maybe we wouldn't need these measures.
That’s exactly my read of the story too. Politicians trying to cover their assets by doing stupid things that can hardly be enforced and will likely not survive a court challenge. My buddy runs a small repair shop and his customers come to his shop from all across the mainland. He was just telling me that if the travel restrictions become a real thing, he’ll just shut it down, let 5 employees go and wait until next year. There’s no way he can keep it going with customers not being able to travel or suppliers not sending stuff to him. This is just becoming super silly now....

Seems pretty grey too as to what is essential. If you need your car repaired, isn’t your car used for getting to and from work?
isn’t going to the strip club a morale booster so I perform better at work?
FFS I don’t know what to make of all this!

Seems pretty grey too as to what is essential. If you need your car repaired, isn’t your car used for getting to and from work?

yes I don’t see why someone would have to close their repair buisness.

Who’s going to put a restriction on the flights from Ontario or overseas? India is the new global hotspot with a potential new deadly variant but flights are still coming to Vancouver everyday. In the meantime, people who drive from Burnaby to Vancouver are apparently the biggest cause of transmission.

sounds like the BC government is already back paddling - random roadchecks Will only be done on key points of departure/entry. Still super unclear as to what is enforceable vs. a recommended guideline

Last edited:
It’ll be at the mercy of the police officer to make that call. Make sure you use a local strip club and keep the receipts as the evidence. You should be able to write it off as a business expense too. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back