All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Officer-hey, why are you on the ferry to Lower Mainland? That’s not your health district.

me-because there aren’t any strip clubs in Victoria anymore and Campbell River is just too far to drive!!!

Officer-sounds legit, move along

There's a strip club in Campbell River?

Man, this thread delivers the information I can't get through official channels.

When I moved to the island and discovered that the Fox was shut down I was beyond choked. Then I thought for sure Nanaimo must have strip joints, like a third of the population are full patch Angels. But nothing there either.

Campbell River! That's my salvation. Thank freaking christ, this has got to be the longest I've gone without hanging out in a grimy, sketchy bar watching single moms take off their clothes while drinking overpriced ****** beer in, man, I don't know. Twenty years.

I sound like I'm being sarcastic but I hate seeing the end of the strip club era. Campbell River it is! I knew the island would have something for me somewhere!

Ted Nugent tests positive for coronavirus after calling pandemic a ‘scam’

Musician Ted Nugent has tested positive for coronavirus months after he said that the virus was “not a real pandemic”.

In his Christmas message shared on social media in December, Nugent called the worldwide crisis a “scammy pandemic” and said that people who wore masks were “sheep”.

“Today is the 19th of April 2021 during clusterf*** pandemic... I was tested positive today. I got the Chinese s***.”

Describing his symptoms including a “stuffed-up head” and “body-aches”, Nugent continued: “My god, what a pain in the a**. I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days… So I was officially tested positive for Covid-19 today.”

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/ted-nugent-tests-positive-coronavirus-082548522.html

Remind you of anyone?

Nog

Man, this thread delivers the information I can't get through official channels.

When I moved to the island and discovered that the Fox was shut down I was beyond choked. Then I thought for sure Nanaimo must have strip joints, like a third of the population are full patch Angels. But nothing there either.

Campbell River! That's my salvation. Thank freaking christ, this has got to be the longest I've gone without hanging out in a grimy, sketchy bar watching single moms take off their clothes while drinking overpriced ****** beer in, man, I don't know. Twenty years.

I sound like I'm being sarcastic but I hate seeing the end of the strip club era. Campbell River it is! I knew the island would have something for me somewhere!
Unfortunately, JJ's has 'voluntarily' closed after some covid exposures.
I'm sure it is just temporary.
They spent some money fixing it up, you don't rip your jeans on so many of the seats now.

Post of the year straight from perv row

Unfortunately, JJ's has 'voluntarily' closed after some covid exposures.
I'm sure it is just temporary.
They spent some money fixing it up, you don't rip your jeans on so many of the seats now.
There's days - like three or four a year - I wish I was still in the journalism game. The headlines on this one write themselves.

"Exposure not kosher at strip bar"
"Strippers at risk of exposure"
"Nude bar closed after exposure"

I mean you just can't get that one wrong, pick any combination of words to describe the club, and include the word "exposure" and you're all set.

I have been telling folks all week that we had a covid exposure at our office last week, as stated, stripper exposure writes itself!
And I managed to keep the post on topic!

COVID-infected people arrive in B.C. from India as Trudeau ponders flight restriction​

COVID-infected people continue to arrive in Vancouver from India — where mutations are out of control.

According to latest data from the B.C. Centre for Disease Control, 10 flights arrived in Vancouver from Delhi between April 6 and April 16 with infected people on board — and in some cases with several infected people on board.

During the same period, infected people also arrived in Vancouver from Amsterdam and the U.S.

Meanwhile, on Tuesday Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he was considering whether to stop incoming flights from specific countries, such as India.

Maybe, just maybe if Trudeau had actually addressed this matter say over a year ago, Canada might be a whole lot better off at this point...

Nog

As a Dual Citizen, I receive Alerts from the US Government from time to time. This one just landed:

Do not travel to Canada due to COVID-19.

Read the Department of State's COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Canada due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in the country. There are restrictions in place affecting U.S. citizen entry into Canada. Visit the Embassy's COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Canada.

Read the country information page.

If you decide to travel to Canada:
· See the U.S. Embassy's web page regarding COVID-19.
· Visit the CDC's webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
· Be aware of your surroundings when traveling to tourist locations and crowded public venues.
· Follow the instructions of local authorities.
· Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
· Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler's Checklist.

COVID-infected people arrive in B.C. from India as Trudeau ponders flight restriction​

COVID-infected people continue to arrive in Vancouver from India — where mutations are out of control.

According to latest data from the B.C. Centre for Disease Control, 10 flights arrived in Vancouver from Delhi between April 6 and April 16 with infected people on board — and in some cases with several infected people on board.

During the same period, infected people also arrived in Vancouver from Amsterdam and the U.S.

Meanwhile, on Tuesday Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he was considering whether to stop incoming flights from specific countries, such as India.

Maybe, just maybe if Trudeau had actually addressed this matter say over a year ago, Canada might be a whole lot better off at this point...

Nog

But you cant leave your neighborhood & pepole from AB are bad.... All politicans do is cause more political divide and tear this country apart.

Nog
Remember when viruses had no borders and associating a strain with a country was racist?

I remember being the bad guy on that; it was fine because I own a black cowboy hat and can play the bad guy easily. But calling the virus Chinese or from Wuhan was definitely racist. Calling a variant Brazilian is of course not racist, because we're Following The Science. And if Trudeau restricts flights from India, who helped us with vaccines, that isn't racist, but restricting flights from China, who f##ked us on vaccines and almost certainly generated this virus through gain of function research at their Wuhan lab, would have been racist. Again this is because you have to Follow The Science.

I always enjoyed the "viruses don't have borders" line of thinking as a rationale for why you can't restrict travel between places.

I mean...we know that the reason they don't have borders is BECAUSE we don't restrict travel, right? They aren't packing Wuhan Flu into boxes that are supposed to be filled with cheap knockoff junk and selling it on Wish. New Zealand isn't basically Covid-free because anywhere you film hobbits is magically protected and it just happens to line up with their borders by coincidence...that country, i.e. the territory within its borders, is...I'll say..."experiencing Covid differently" because national policy affects viral vectors. Viruses don't have atlases but they travel in people, and people respect borders if they're made to.

Anyway that's enough out of me, I have some Science to Follow before I get back to work on my boat.

Just heard the first case of the India variant has been detected in Canada. How Faking uskess is this goverment. They allow provinces to prevent travel & restrict rights from its citizens while allowing inbound flights from covid hotspots around the world. Im going to crack a bottle..

Just heard the first case of the India variant has been detected in Canada. How Faking uskess is this goverment. They allow provinces to prevent travel & restrict rights from its citizens while allowing inbound flights from covid hotspots around the world. Im going to crack a bottle..
Beyond infuriating. Only a matter of time. Over 30 flights from India in the last month that had covid positive passengers that then went and spread it into communities. Yup that mandatory quarantine is really working well, sorry voluntary quarantine.

On a very positive local note, I spent over an half hour on the phone with our regional medical health officer.
Pretty much immediate response to my email and then responded by phone within hours of my request.
Once we got past the party line and she dropped her guard to speak freely, it was a really engaging talk.
I now feel we have some really smart people working really hard on this but they have to deal with the same stupid politicians and self interested bureaucrats that we do as fishermen, businessmen or taxpayers.
It was an awesome change in perspective.

On a very positive local note, I spent over an half hour on the phone with our regional medical health officer.
Pretty much immediate response to my email and then responded by phone within hours of my request.
Once we got past the party line and she dropped her guard to speak freely, it was a really engaging talk.
I now feel we have some really smart people working really hard on this but they have to deal with the same stupid politicians and self interested bureaucrats that we do as fishermen, businessmen or taxpayers.
It was an awesome change in perspective.
I think this is true. At one time my wife was the EA to a high level doctor who ran a major public health unit; she sat in on meetings between her doc and Bonnie Henry among others. We used to have dinner with people in that scene regularly. They were all extremely smart, dedicated, conscientious people. I have very few negative things to say about the doctors involved in the decision making about all of this.

But they are beholden to politicians who are, generally speaking, the lowest form of craven, power hungry, popularity driven garbage you can find in the species. You do get the occasional one that's driven by a higher ideal, but then often they turn out to be even worse because they'll justify anything as long as it's in the service of their particular utopia.

But my experience of most of the doctors caught up in this thing is that they're genuinely good people who I might disagree with on one thing or another but I have no difficulty respecting them, at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back