All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
What part is not Trudeaus fault? His bizarre decision to put all the Canadian eggs in the Chinese vaccine instead of those being developed by North American or European companies, subject to the rigors of FDA and/or EMEA regulations has been a disaster. The Ad5-nCOV vaccine candidate was backed by CanSino and China’s Institute of Biotechnology of the Academy of Military Medical Sciences, and a collaboration agreement with Canada’s Natural Research Council. It fell apart by August, in no small part to the politics of the Huawei situation. More recently Chinese vaccines have been shown to be less than 50% effective, so if we had been relying on it and the Chinese government controlled data on it we would be in very bad shape. All this meant being late to the Pfizer and Moderna procurement party, and hence the supply issues we have. I do not understand why you are an apologist for the failures of the Trudeau government in procuring vaccines. Yes its the feds job to deliver the vaccine, which they have failed to do, and the provinces job to to roll it out. With pathetically small amounts to roll out the provinces have resorted to increasingly desperate, and often nonsensical tactics to reduce transmission. Today there were draconian measures clearly trampling the rights of citizens enshrined in the charter of rights and freedoms in Ontario, where an increasingly hysterical Doug Ford has instituted police state measures giving Police unlimited power to harass law abiding citizens for simply being outside their house or in their car.
This is why. People everywhere have Covid fatigue and aren’t behaving themselves

Attachments

• 40BC63CE-C469-42F7-A92E-9DC344944BD9.png
    40BC63CE-C469-42F7-A92E-9DC344944BD9.png
    193.3 KB · Views: 47
My boss/ financial adviser registered us at the local pharmacy for the vaccines.
Less than 2 weeks later we got a scheduled appointment for the AZ vaccine.
Yesterday we both got our first shot.
The pharmacist was great, I’ve had mosquito bites that I have felt more than this shot.
Today we have sore arms,
reminds me of my childhood when my big brother would punch me in the arm.

Also a bit tired today, not too enthusiastic to get things done.
Oh well, we are glad to get the first shot.

Registered with the government website over a week ago, Registered with 3 pharmacies last week and yesterday registered with about ten more. within 20 minutes heard back from one of the ones yesterday to pick a time slot for today. Walked in at 1 and 20 minutes later walked out all done. Told me I would get a email to book my 2nd shot as soon as it was available for me. Still haven't heard back from any of the others, not sure if that is because I have been removed from the queue seeing as I got the shot today

We’re now mid week of April even with the harshest of measures it takes Atlest 4 weeks to have a reversal. That would put us to mid May. So realistically having things back by June is probably not happening.

If the non essential travel reactions stay in place into June will actually be worse off then we were a year ago.

a year ago I could cut the politician’s some slack not sure they deserve any a year later.

Got back up to work here in Dawson Creek this week. Been into town a couple times for groceries and parts. I am quite surprised at the lack of people wearing masks in town. Even some of the businesses have stopped wearing them. Went into one of the supply stores yesterday, had my mask on. The owner from behind the counter haulers at me, friendly like but haulers, “we don’t wear those damn things in here“. When I went into a couple, places and I saw a couple people not wearing them I thought well what ever just jack asses. But the more I‘ve been around town the more I see it’s a trend up here. Personally still wearing mine as we can’t let up around the job site, we get it in here and we are shut down. But yah, guys on here are complaining about AB people coming in but you sure don’t see that around my home town, everyone is pretty adamant about wearing masks and using hand sanitizer when coming in businesses. Shoot most of the stores up here don’t even have sanitizer at the entrance. Definitely some issues up here I’ll tell
Are they not all dying of covid then. Wow. Its refreshing to see people not blindly following the govt bs.

Are they not all dying of covid then. Wow. Its refreshing to see people not blindly following the govt bs.
It’s not about dying, it’s about transferring it to other people. Like I stated I wear mine while out and about in town and no I’m not afraid of getting the virus and dying. What I’m afraid of is getting it and bringing it back to the job site. Then we have to shut the operation down. When you have to shut an operation like ours down and bring in other crews we are talking huge dollars to the tune of a quarter million dollars a day lost. Finding crews to take over an operation like our is not easy. Something like that could cost our company into the millions and fast. So excuse me if it does concern me some. Losing the ability to support my family and causing the ability of 15 other workers that ability does concern me.
Some just don’t get it,, it’s not about YOU, it’s about others around you. Or that’s of no concern to you, your world revolves solely around you.

What part is not Trudeaus fault? His bizarre decision to put all the Canadian eggs in the Chinese vaccine instead of those being developed by North American or European companies, subject to the rigors of FDA and/or EMEA regulations has been a disaster. The Ad5-nCOV vaccine candidate was backed by CanSino and China’s Institute of Biotechnology of the Academy of Military Medical Sciences, and a collaboration agreement with Canada’s Natural Research Council. It fell apart by August, in no small part to the politics of the Huawei situation. More recently Chinese vaccines have been shown to be less than 50% effective, so if we had been relying on it and the Chinese government controlled data on it we would be in very bad shape. All this meant being late to the Pfizer and Moderna procurement party, and hence the supply issues we have. I do not understand why you are an apologist for the failures of the Trudeau government in procuring vaccines. Yes its the feds job to deliver the vaccine, which they have failed to do, and the provinces job to to roll it out. With pathetically small amounts to roll out the provinces have resorted to increasingly desperate, and often nonsensical tactics to reduce transmission. Today there were draconian measures clearly trampling the rights of citizens enshrined in the charter of rights and freedoms in Ontario, where an increasingly hysterical Doug Ford has instituted police state measures giving Police unlimited power to harass law abiding citizens for simply being outside their house or in their car.
You really do have a misunderstanding of the whole situation. The tell is your use of the "Canadian eggs in the Chinese vaccine" line. It's the same as O'Tooles Nov. 29 news conference “I would not have put all our eggs in the basket of China.” The same line that has spread far and wide on social media. When will people learn that O'Toole will say anything to get elected *cough* Carbon Tax *cough*.

If anyone is interested in the story behind our vaccine procurement if found this article to be informative.

A call to arms​

Inside Canada’s impossibly high-stakes rush to lock down tens of millions of doses of the most sought-after product on Earth

By Nick Taylor-Vaisey
February 4, 2021

https://www.macleans.ca/longforms/inside-canada-covid-19-vaccine-plan/

Last edited:
The press will be held accountable for vaccine hesitance: giving credence to anti-vaccers and dramatizing the small number of AZ deaths.

You don't get it do you.
You really do have a misunderstanding of the whole situation.
This mirrors the elite attitude of the current government in almost every aspect of governing our country. As if “they” only understand everything and whoever who’s not with “them” is just a sheep. If numbers do not support their argument or reveal their poor performance as the holders of citizens’ votes, just try to discredit the data source or the author. Don’t take accountability for the sh*y performance while you can blame others. After all, when there’s no transparency and some gooey stuff hits the fan, blaming becomes the only way out.

If anyone is interested in the story behind our vaccine
procurement if found this article to be informative.

it doesn’t matter the story “behind OUR vaccine procurement”. Fact is that Canada is behind other industrial countries and non-elite working people are hurting. We’ve become the headline of international media and that is the story no matter how you try to paint it on a fishing forum.

The wife and I registered when we were allowed. We also signed up at several pharmacies. On Wednesday we heard that the Superstore in Nanaimo had vaccines. We had registered and were on a wait list. We decided to walk in and see what was up. Spoke to the pharmacist who said the wait list thing wasn't working all that well. He took us both in and we got jabbed right away. I guess it was meant to be. Should receive a follow up email in August for round 2. Meanwhile we have cancelled all or our other registrations. The wife had no reaction at all. The next day by supper time I was fatigued and slight temperature. Early to bed and all good yesterday. Very pleased to have had it done.

The wife and I registered when we were allowed. We also signed up at several pharmacies. On Wednesday we heard that the Superstore in Nanaimo had vaccines. We had registered and were on a wait list. We decided to walk in and see what was up. Spoke to the pharmacist who said the wait list thing wasn't working all that well. He took us both in and we got jabbed right away. I guess it was meant to be. Should receive a follow up email in August for round 2. Meanwhile we have cancelled all or our other registrations. The wife had no reaction at all. The next day by supper time I was fatigued and slight temperature. Early to bed and all good yesterday. Very pleased to have had it done.
"We also signed up at several pharmacies." is why the system is failing. It should be universal, single sign up. How many folks go back and take their name off the list or cancel appointments once they walk in? The no shows are mounting and lead to wasted vaccine. AZ is only good for 48 hours once the the first dose (of 10) is drawn.

You really do have a misunderstanding of the whole situation.

Who has said misunderstanding??

Trudeau's blaming of Mulroney on vaccine problems delusional, say experts

"For months now, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has blamed everyone for Canada’s trickle of COVID-19 vaccines but himself.

Trudeau and his ministers have gone so far as to blame former Progressive Conservative prime minister Brian Mulroney — who was prime minister from 1984 to 1993 — for the privatization, or “the selling off“, of Connaught Laboratories. What he fails to mention is that Connaught Labs didn’t go anywhere. It’s now part of Sanofi Pasteur, the world’s largest manufacturer of vaccines. The Connaught Campus in Toronto accounts for one-fifth of the company’s global vaccine sales.

Paul Lucas, who was president and CEO of GlaxoSmithKline Canada from 1994 to 2012, started speaking out and wrote an opinion piece in the Financial Post after he heard federal Liberal Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs Dominic LeBlanc being interviewed on CTV’s Power Play with Evan Solomon, saying that GlaxoSmithKline had closed its manufacturing facility for vaccines during Harper’s Conservative government, which is false.

“This facility didn’t close, it’s still producing most of the flu vaccine for Canada on an annual basis,” Lucas said during a recent telephone interview.

“I’ve been very concerned and frankly upset about the lies that are coming from the federal government about this whole (COVID vaccine) file,” says Lucas, who was integral to the production and distribution of the Canadian vaccine for the H1N1 pandemic in 2009. All of the vaccine for that outbreak was produced in the GSK factory in Quebec City.

“Trudeau has badly botched Canada’s COVID-19 vaccine procurement,” states Lucas.

“First, he blamed Harper for his own failings. Then he blamed Mulroney and then he blamed the provinces. Then he actually turned on his own vaccine task force. He blamed them for about a day or two. Then he blamed the companies — Pfizer for delaying the delivery of its vaccines in January,” explains Lucas."

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/corbella-15

There is a LOT more, including insights into the CanSino "deal", the foot dragging of Trudeau to get in line for Pfizer etc, and the newly Liberal proposed amendments to PMPRB’s Patented Medicines Regulation noted as "putting Canadians at a huge disadvantage for gaining access to the most innovative drugs that are out there,"

Truly worth the read, even for those like yourself who will choose to filter out the information so they don't have to accept it.

Nog

Canada’s COVID-19 travel restrictions are an inept, deadly failure​

"There may not be an aspect of Canada’s pandemic response more pathetic, more inept, more reflective of our overall dismal strategy for dealing with COVID-19 and its deadly variants than our policies around travel, both international and domestic.

Dr. Bonnie Henry confirmed the case of P.1 in the province was traced to an international traveller. Imagine that. Everybody is saying: “Isn’t this terrible? What a tragedy.” While other countries stopped flights from COVID-19 hot spots such as Brazil and India, Canada maintained its open-arms policy.

Every week there are more stories of flights, both domestic and international, landing at airports across the country and disgorging sick passengers. According to Health Canada, 33 flights from Delhi, India, landing in Canada this month carried people ill with COVID-19. But by all means Health Minister Patty Hajdu, do go on about how our travel restrictions are some of the strongest in the world.

B.C. Premier John Horgan said recently he’s pondering interprovincial travel restrictions, after earlier saying he had a legal opinion they wouldn’t work. He never released that argument, or his reasoning behind his statement that new orders could be imposed now. Everyone knows it’s an empty threat. Nothing will happen. And people from Alberta carrying COVID-19 will continue pouring into B.C. and vice-versa.

I think the best policy for Canadians is this: When it comes to COVID-19 you’re on your own. Pretend you don’t have governments protecting you because in many ways you don’t."

Just an update on buddy in the hospital with blood clots from the vaccine.
Had a surgery on on one leg to remove clots. Daily blood transfusions to help with the clotting in the lungs.
Things are still not great.

Just an update on buddy in the hospital with blood clots from the vaccine.
Had a surgery on on one leg to remove clots. Daily blood transfusions to help with the clotting in the lungs.
Things are still not great.
So have they linked it to the vaccine for sure? The news keeps reporting just one case out of Quebec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back