All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I received a negative result, oldest child is positive and middle child is negative.
I have thirteen days left in my quarantine, same with middle child.
Wife is out of quarantine tomorrow. Youngest is out on Sunday.

Doing final set up in the office today by myself, then everyone else comes in and I go home with the three kids.
It would be awesome if there was some fishing open and I could take the three kids out for a couple of weeks.

Chrystia Freeland's 'epiphany' that COVID-19 is an 'opportunity' — that’s pretty dark​

"Freeland may have been a little careless or loose in her phrasing. The prime minister’s declaration has about it, in contrast, clear evidence of pre-thought and considered reflection. If he was serious I expect the direction of his “reimagined” Canadian economy is one where our national energy industry, the building of pipelines, and support for all the worlds directly and indirectly supported by the energy industry will have very little place.

We’ll get more than a hint of what is actually the case in just about a week, when for the first time in a long time Canadians are allowed to see the books — or at least have a peep at them. The Budget at last."

heard on a podcast last night that in the US over 30% of the vaccines are sitting on shelves. That do to vaccine hesitancy the US is quickly getting to a point where they will soon have more supply than demand.

heard on a podcast last night that in the US over 30% of the vaccines are sitting on shelves. That do to vaccine hesitancy the US is quickly getting to a point where they will soon have more supply than demand.
It's already there in many places. I registered my 17 year old son for a shot (in North Carolina) , got a return email in 30minutes with a link to make an appt, and there were appointments available the next day, and every day thru next week. He will get the 2nd shot in 3 weeks.

The politics of COVID-19 results in pandemic winners and losers​

Politics is at the core of the COVID-19 pandemic. Regardless of jurisdiction, the specific actions many governments have taken to combat the pandemic are ultimately rooted in politics, not science.

Groups, especially those whose identifies have little in common with the political elite, may sensibly question how broadly politicians canvass for options when reaching decisions that dramatically impact individual lives.

Its to bad folks from other provinces cant come toAB for a AZ Vaccine. Folks here dont seem to be to interested in taking. it. They are even offering walk in appointments for it & no one shows up. Is this the same in BC?

Got back up to work here in Dawson Creek this week. Been into town a couple times for groceries and parts. I am quite surprised at the lack of people wearing masks in town. Even some of the businesses have stopped wearing them. Went into one of the supply stores yesterday, had my mask on. The owner from behind the counter haulers at me, friendly like but haulers, “we don’t wear those damn things in here“. When I went into a couple, places and I saw a couple people not wearing them I thought well what ever just jack asses. But the more I‘ve been around town the more I see it’s a trend up here. Personally still wearing mine as we can’t let up around the job site, we get it in here and we are shut down. But yah, guys on here are complaining about AB people coming in but you sure don’t see that around my home town, everyone is pretty adamant about wearing masks and using hand sanitizer when coming in businesses. Shoot most of the stores up here don’t even have sanitizer at the entrance. Definitely some issues up here I’ll tell yah.

The politics of COVID-19 results in pandemic winners and losers​

Politics is at the core of the COVID-19 pandemic. Regardless of jurisdiction, the specific actions many governments have taken to combat the pandemic are ultimately rooted in politics, not science.

Groups, especially those whose identifies have little in common with the political elite, may sensibly question how broadly politicians canvass for options when reaching decisions that dramatically impact individual lives.

Very good article. Thanks for sharing.

Got back up to work here in Dawson Creek this week. Been into town a couple times for groceries and parts. I am quite surprised at the lack of people wearing masks in town. Even some of the businesses have stopped wearing them. Went into one of the supply stores yesterday, had my mask on. The owner from behind the counter haulers at me, friendly like but haulers, “we don’t wear those damn things in here“. When I went into a couple, places and I saw a couple people not wearing them I thought well what ever just jack asses. But the more I‘ve been around town the more I see it’s a trend up here. Personally still wearing mine as we can’t let up around the job site, we get it in here and we are shut down. But yah, guys on here are complaining about AB people coming in but you sure don’t see that around my home town, everyone is pretty adamant about wearing masks and using hand sanitizer when coming in businesses. Shoot most of the stores up here don’t even have sanitizer at the entrance. Definitely some issues up here I’ll tell yah.
Perhaps if mis-information, like what gets posted here, from those that are putting party before country stopped then the Branch Covidians would not be as "informed" with such nonsense. I know admin doesn't like it when I speakout but for christ sake stop this undercutting of our vaccine rollout. Your not helping your community one bit. This is the time to help one another by putting our politics aside and supporting one another to get through this pandemic.

Perhaps if mis-information, like what gets posted here, from those that are putting party before country stopped then the Branch Covidians would not be as "informed" with such nonsense. I know admin doesn't like it when I speakout but for christ sake stop this undercutting of our vaccine rollout. Your not helping your community one bit. This is the time to help one another by putting our politics aside and supporting one another to get through this pandemic.
Yeah, totally. I would’ve loved to see your reaction to this mess if a different party was at the helm in Ottawa.

Yeah, totally. I would’ve loved to see your reaction to this mess if a different party was at the helm in Ottawa.

You don't get it do you. Fed's deliver the vaccine and the provinces roll it out. There is only one province that keeps screwing it up and the opiners in the RW news media cover his butt with the it's "Trudeau fault". You just have to watch the news conferences with the medical people to figure that one out. I have tried my best to support this community with information and have not dipped into the politics but I can assure you that if I wanted too there is plenty of stuff with the conservative premiers doing some crazy butt ****. Besides I don't need to make them look bad they're doing a fine job on their own.

You don't get it do you. Fed's deliver the vaccine and the provinces roll it out. There is only one province that keeps screwing it up and the opiners in the RW news media cover his butt with the it's "Trudeau fault". You just have to watch the news conferences with the medical people to figure that one out. I have tried my best to support this community with information and have not dipped into the politics but I can assure you that if I wanted too there is plenty of stuff with the conservative premiers doing some crazy butt ****. Besides I don't need to make them look bad they're doing a fine job on their own.
Thanks for the detailed response. I think I got the answer to my question already.

Its to bad folks from other provinces cant come toAB for a AZ Vaccine. Folks here dont seem to be to interested in taking. it. They are even offering walk in appointments for it & no one shows up. Is this the same in BC?

Same thing happened in Calgary at Telus Convention Centre. If memory serves it can do 6000 shots a day.

-Mon: 2,855
-Tue: 756
-Wed: 428
-Thu: 211
-Fri: 414

Not sure if BC has seen the same scale of vaccine hesitation.

My son in Calgary was saying the same thing. The anti-mask sentiment is pretty strong with more than a few businesses.

What part is not Trudeaus fault? His bizarre decision to put all the Canadian eggs in the Chinese vaccine instead of those being developed by North American or European companies, subject to the rigors of FDA and/or EMEA regulations has been a disaster. The Ad5-nCOV vaccine candidate was backed by CanSino and China’s Institute of Biotechnology of the Academy of Military Medical Sciences, and a collaboration agreement with Canada’s Natural Research Council. It fell apart by August, in no small part to the politics of the Huawei situation. More recently Chinese vaccines have been shown to be less than 50% effective, so if we had been relying on it and the Chinese government controlled data on it we would be in very bad shape. All this meant being late to the Pfizer and Moderna procurement party, and hence the supply issues we have. I do not understand why you are an apologist for the failures of the Trudeau government in procuring vaccines. Yes its the feds job to deliver the vaccine, which they have failed to do, and the provinces job to to roll it out. With pathetically small amounts to roll out the provinces have resorted to increasingly desperate, and often nonsensical tactics to reduce transmission. Today there were draconian measures clearly trampling the rights of citizens enshrined in the charter of rights and freedoms in Ontario, where an increasingly hysterical Doug Ford has instituted police state measures giving Police unlimited power to harass law abiding citizens for simply being outside their house or in their car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back