All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got rid of the politically charged posts that would lead to an endless debate solving nothing and derailing this thread. We stated right off the hop, we are not going to have that happen in this thread.

US flu deaths 2019-20 26,339 – 52,664 CDC
Worldwide COVID-19 deaths 2020 - 119,666 Google

Historic info: CDC Dec. 13, 2017 According to new estimates published, between 291,000 and 646,000 people worldwide die from seasonal influenza-related respiratory illnesses each year, higher than a previous estimate of 250,000 to 500,000 and based on a robust, multinational survey.
Trying to troll?

LETTER: Vancouver Island teen says people are overreacting to COVID-19 pandemic | Comox Valley Record
https://www.comoxvalleyrecord.com/o...people-are-overreacting-to-covid-19-pandemic/
Doesn't Pres. T claim to be a genius because he had a smart Uncle?
Same claim about inheriting superior knowledge from her parents perhaps?
Ah, to be a teenager again and know everything.
40+ years later I appreciate my father's saying; "The older I get, the more I realize I do not know."

LETTER: Vancouver Island teen says people are overreacting to COVID-19 pandemic | Comox Valley Record
https://www.comoxvalleyrecord.com/o...people-are-overreacting-to-covid-19-pandemic/

I wouldn't want to be a parent of someone that wrote this. How embarrassing for them. Read that comment in red:

"Like most of my Generation Z (born 1995-2015) and Generation Y Millennials (born 1980-1994), we are extremely angry at both the Generation X (born 1965 – 1979) and especially the “Baby Boomers” (born post-war 1944-1964) for excessively over-populating planet earth, and destroying “our” environment excessively for most of the last 85 years.

If Mother Nature has created a super virus that wants to eliminate one per cent of the earth’s population in mostly high-density and over-populated areas, and restore the environment, “Great job Mother Earth!”

In the last few weeks alone, our planet has regained several decades of life expectancy again, just from the daily millions of megatons of carbon emissions that are no longer going into earth’s atmosphere. The dreaded “doomsday clock” has been set back several minutes."

She said:
"Like most of my Generation Z (born 1995-2015) and Generation Y Millennials (born 1980-1994), we are extremely angry at both the Generation X (born 1965 – 1979) and especially the “Baby Boomers” (born post-war 1944-1964) for excessively over-populating planet earth, and destroying “our” environment excessively for most of the last 85 years.

If Mother Nature has created a super virus that wants to eliminate one per cent of the earth’s population in mostly high-density and over-populated areas, and restore the environment, “Great job Mother Earth!"

I say what a mis-informed, self-absorbed and oblivious little brat. She characterizes the selfish attitude of someone that apparently has no-one to love or care about other than herself.

Disturbing. Even more so when you realize That their mother taught immunology and virology at the University of B.C

Most of it aligns tho with what academia has been spewing out for the last 10 years.

Disturbing. Even more so when you realize That their mother taught immunology and virology at the University of B.C

Most of it aligns tho with what academia has been spewing out for the last 10 years.

Exactly. Staggering.

youre better than that nog. Misleading people like they with the were in caplocks

Or... as I suggested, it could be an Entitled HoliDazed Fool packing the virus and spreading it on.

Such as:

The mayor of a remote village off British Columbia’s central coast says he’s living proof that someone has ignored the warnings of the province’s health authorities and brought the novel coronavirus to the secluded island.

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/...rought-covid-19-to-remote-alert-bay-1.4895693

Nog

"...Among them was a small child..." Altho I find it hard to sympathize w the"adults" - The poor child has no clue. I think charges of child endangerment would smarten them up a little - agree?
Sadly, as they say "Can't fix stupid."

U of A virology lab finds drug originally meant for Ebola is effective against a key enzyme of coronavirus that causes COVID-19

Remdesivir already in human trials in search for treatment of deadly disease.

Scientists at the University of Alberta have shown that the drug remdesivir is highly effective in stopping the replication mechanism of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, according to new research published today in the Journal of Biological Chemistry.

The paper follows closely on research published by the same lab in late February that demonstrated how the drug worked against the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) virus, a related coronavirus.

More here
https://www.folio.ca/u-of-a-virolog...y-enzyme-of-coronavirus-that-causes-covid-19/

“We were optimistic that we would see the same results against the SARS-CoV-2 virus,” said Matthias Götte, chair of medical microbiology and immunology at U of A.

“We obtained almost identical results as we reported previously with MERS, so we see that remdesivir is a very potent inhibitor for coronavirus polymerases.”

A) I don't think this thread is the place to make lengthy footnoted sidebar arguments about Swedish health care, and B) if I know something as the result of my own education or experience, I don't have links for internet articles you can go read because I don't know all the things I know just because I can google a general interest Maclean's article up.

If you really find the subject interesting, go look at some global health outcome rankings. Nothing contained in that offhand comment is even vaguely controversial.

Thanks, LOL

The drug long and enthusiastically recommended by Trump as a remedy for Covid 19 proves fatal in trial.

"Brazilian researchers stopped a small study of the touted Covid 19 treatment, chloroquine, after 11 patients developed fatal heart complications.

The study of 81 patients in the city of Manaus, saw half receive a high dose of 600 milligrammes of chloroquine twice daily for 10 days, while the remainder received 450 milligramme doses over five days.

After the deaths the study was discontinued. "

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/12/health/chloroquine-coronavirus-trump.amp.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back