All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some days it really does feel like Canada has farmed out its entire health policy during this COVID-19 crisis to the World Health Organization.

From the early days, answers to questions on testing, on the spread of the virus, on approving treatments or even rapid testing, have been to cite what the WHO recommends.

That is nothing short of a dereliction of duty by Canada’s top health officials...

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colu...nt-needs-to-stop-taking-covid-orders-from-who

Why can't you compare those numbers? They are per million residents. People were claiming Sweden's formula of not locking things down was working better than Canada's and those stats disagree.
I'm in agreement with you and was using sarcasm to make another point.
Cheers.

Last edited:
In general they have better health outcomes and shorter wait times; I'm not arguing their c19 response plan is better or worse, just that they have a generally better medical system than we do. Of course, it's hard to compare entire systems and depending on how you calculate it, you can argue the costs either way. Individually they pay more but then their system includes a bunch of stuff ours doesn't; if you strip it down to comparable services we pay more.

Anyway that's kind of outside the scope of this thread; I mention it only because of the question about how they're doing better than we are.
Where are you getting this from. Can you atleast link to your sources to make your arguments.

The Trudeaus setting a good example for us. To be fair, Sheer and family along with Elizabeth May hopped in a small plane to fly to Ottowa for the stimulus vote. Leaving your province calls for immediate self quarantine and no stopping on the way home.

Attachments

• 93021591_1460850674102448_3219770075087110144_o.png
    93021591_1460850674102448_3219770075087110144_o.png
    983.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 93021591_1460850674102448_3219770075087110144_o.png
    93021591_1460850674102448_3219770075087110144_o.png
    983.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 93792454_10159089979313268_1560497614481260544_o.jpg
    93792454_10159089979313268_1560497614481260544_o.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 61
The Trudeaus setting a good example for us. To be fair, Sheer and family along with Elizabeth May hopped in a small plane to fly to Ottowa for the stimulus vote. Leaving your province calls for immediate self quarantine and no stopping on the way home.

Yea telling everyone not to go
To their cabin and second homes and then goes to his.

Sad

Thousands sign petition asking that travel to Vancouver Island be restricted

we need strategies and solutions based on science. we need compliance based on education. we do not need panic and prejudice forming policy. and we especially don't need to indicate to the lefties running this country that we want or need bans and restrictions enforced on us.

"However, Health Minister Adrian Dix said ferry terminals may have looked crowded, but the numbers show traffic was far below seasonal averages.

BC Ferries’ major routes saw 173,000 passengers on last year’s Easter weekend, Dix said, while this year, the service saw fewer than 15,000.

People should not rush to judgment, Henry added, and should remember there are many essential reasons to travel,"

Last edited:
Some days it really does feel like Canada has farmed out its entire health policy during this COVID-19 crisis to the World Health Organization.

From the early days, answers to questions on testing, on the spread of the virus, on approving treatments or even rapid testing, have been to cite what the WHO recommends.

That is nothing short of a dereliction of duty by Canada’s top health officials...

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colu...nt-needs-to-stop-taking-covid-orders-from-who
With your science background I'm sure you noticed the problems with this article and the one on the CBC website. It's like they have no idea how any of this works or they are spinning it into something they think passes for journalism. Shame is they could have used this as a teaching moment but no that's asking too much.

Well light my hair on fire...
It's all equal
May, leader of the greens, flew to Ottawa from BC to vote on a critical bill to help Canadians.
Scheer, leader of opposition, flew from Sask with his wife and 5 kids, to vote on a critical bill to help Canadian.
Trudeau drove 1/2 an hour across the river to be with his wife and kids on the Easter weekend.

Do tell would you drag your wife and five kids across the country in the middle of a pandemic?

And no there is no self quarantine for crossing provincial borders, your thinking of the mandatory quarantine from entering Canada from another country.

Last edited:
It's all equal
May, leader of the greens, flew to Ottawa from BC to vote on a critical bill to help Canadians.
Scheer, leader of opposition, flew from Sask with his wife and 5 kids, to vote on a critical bill to help Canadian.
Trudeau drove 1/2 an hour across the river to be with his wife and kids on the Easter weekend.
No I wouldn't drag anyone across the country or let alone go myself. It's one thing for Trudeau to travel half an hour to spend the weekend with the family but did you see how many vehicles were in his entourage.
Do tell would you drag your wife and five kids across the country in the middle of a pandemic?

And no there is no self quarantine for crossing provincial borders, your thinking of the mandatory quarantine from entering Canada from another country.
It's all equal

False NEGATIVE testing at 30% (due to missing the first 3 -5 days of the disease) explained at 39:10:
Daily video is a much better source of what was actually said.

Where are you getting this from. Can you atleast link to your sources to make your arguments.
A) I don't think this thread is the place to make lengthy footnoted sidebar arguments about Swedish health care, and B) if I know something as the result of my own education or experience, I don't have links for internet articles you can go read because I don't know all the things I know just because I can google a general interest Maclean's article up.

If you really find the subject interesting, go look at some global health outcome rankings. Nothing contained in that offhand comment is even vaguely controversial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back