All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were interviewing people in the ferry lineup going to the island.

Lots going to their cabins, some going to see family members.

Cars packed with bikes, kayaks ect...

Some people just don’t get it

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-bc-travel-small-towns-1.5529472

Yeah, like this guy, Rob. Looks like he's wearing a suit (no tie)...just came from work? Why do you wear a suit to work when you aren't supposed to be seeing people? Good job Rob
rob-bc-ferries.jpg

Yeah, like this guy, Rob. Looks like he's wearing a suit (no tie)...just came from work? Why do you wear a suit to work when you aren't supposed to be seeing people? Good job Rob
rob-bc-ferries.jpg
Video meetings? Trying to stay sane by sticking with a routine?
Easy to throw stones. Hard to keep working when the world appears to be falling apart. Long list of essential services. Thank you to Rob, and everyone else still working, paying taxes and feeding/supporting/transporting/etc. so the rest of us can step back into safety.

yeah. lets reduce the ferry crossing schedule to minimize costs. no one is traveling anyway. oh wait, now reduced ferries sailings are at 100% capacity ? oh noes. how did that happen ?

yeah. lets reduce the ferry crossing schedule to minimize costs. no one is traveling anyway. oh wait, now reduced ferries sailings are at 100% capacity ? oh noes. how did that happen ?

Just for your info guys-100% full these days does not mean 100% full like a couple of months ago. As per transport can. regs vessels over 12 pax must only load to 50 percent. So sensational reporting or fake news whatever-ferry corp came out with a clarification this morning. Still don't agree with all this unnecessary travel to the island. Stay home!!

Just for your info guys-100% full these days does not mean 100% full like a couple of months ago. As per transport can. regs vessels over 12 pax must only load to 50 percent. So sensational reporting or fake news whatever-ferry corp came out with a clarification this morning. Still don't agree with all this unnecessary travel to the island. Stay home!!
Closer to 5% of a single day leading up to a long weekend. 4,000 instead of 76,000:
Normal long weekend sailings? Nanaimo 15 from horseshoe bay?, 8 from Tsawwassen; Victoria 15 from Tsawwassen. Average capacity 2,000? 76,000 for all? @ 50% still 38,000 daily?
4 sailings to Victoria today at 50 % capacity - 4,000? How many were regular Nanaimo/Victoria commuters coming home? No 4 sailing waits and line ups down the highway?
When is the media going to report facts? :(
From 03-04 https://www.bcferries.com/news_archive/files/03-04_travel_tips_-_easter.pdf
Last year, approximately 234,711 passengers and 73,642 vehicles travelled over Easter weekend on routes connecting the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island, and between Horseshoe Bay and the Sunshine Coast.

Last edited:
Video meetings? Trying to stay sane by sticking with a routine?
Easy to throw stones. Hard to keep working when the world appears to be falling apart. Long list of essential services. Thank you to Rob, and everyone else still working, paying taxes and feeding/supporting/transporting/etc. so the rest of us can step back into safety.

I think the point was that he chose to travel from his home district to his second property. I still dress nicely to do video calls and am doing my best to keep my clients and their businesses going. I didn't, however, take the weekend off to galavant to the island. I thought Dix and Henry were pretty clear they did not want people to do this.

I think the point was that he chose to travel from his home district to his second property. I still dress nicely to do video calls and am doing my best to keep my clients and their businesses going. I didn't, however, take the weekend off to galavant to the island. I thought Dix and Henry were pretty clear they did not want people to do this.
The thought of people coming to the island from areas that have much higher transmission of Covid in comparison to the island sure pisses me off! Stay away!

Seriously... More ******** from the climate alarmist. The Narwhal of all sources. Give your head a shake.

Find a new fear from pepole & tie it to climate change.

The Narwall lol that’s funny, always good for a laugh anyways.

Dr. Bonnie Henry on the BC Ferries "overblown reports":

Dr. Bonnie Henry on the BC Ferries "overblown reports":

Overblown?

Tell that to the 5 kids partying hard inside their RV while one runs into the liquor store for more "cheer".
Richmond Auto Sales on the back window and tag frame.

Tell that to the dozens camped out at any pull-out they can find in the back-country here.

There are so damn many LML invaders I want to declare an open season.

The STENCH of Entitlement is Overwhelming in these PUKES!
Nog

rob-bc-ferries.jpg
That's not a suit it looks to me like a working man's jacket. The pleat around the shoulder and down the back is so that you can have movement when you extend your arms. No suit I have ever seen or owned has that.

Seriously... More ******** from the climate alarmist. The Narwhal of all sources. Give your head a shake.

Find a new fear from pepole & tie it to climate change.
The Narwall lol that’s funny, always good for a laugh anyways.
Hey fellas just ignore it ok. This is not the time to be picking fights. We are all in this together and there will be plenty of time after things return to normal. Right now we need to help each other get through this.

Depending on what people do, I don't necessarily care if they're out and vacationing. I used to leave Vancouver on my own boat, go to my island property, and never talk to a single person along the way, unless I put gas in the boat.

If someone drives to the ferry, stays in their vehicle, and drives to their cabin and stays there, who's at risk? Nobody, really. That's a really low-risk activity.

Rather than saying "nobody go anywhere, everyone stay home" I think it makes more sense to say "avoid all human contact". Want to swim in the ocean? Go nuts. Want to drive the Duffy lake-fraser canyon loop? Enjoy. But DO NOT contact other humans. I think they should be saying "only go places if you can do so without contacting anyone. Need groceries? Bring them. Need booze? If you don't bring it with you, you can't have it. Stop contacting people." That's the only risky activity, and confusing that with "stay home" just brings out the control freaks who want to tell others how to live their lives.

One friend of mine called this whole situation "The Rapture of the Karens", as in, all the bitter women who want to speak to the manager about how their coffee is five degrees too hot, now get to judge everyone who leaves their house.

Just stay out of contact with other people. The average age of people in BC who've died from this is 86? That's above the average life expectancy in BC. Be careful, don't panic, and just stay as far from other people as you can. None of this is rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back