All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Bonnie Henry keeps saying a negative test, while good, is a wasted test. It does not pick up the virus in the first 3 to 5 days; you can be infectious and still show symptoms the next day. Mass testing is a waste of resource as it instills false confidence.
All bets are off now: "South Korea says recovered COVID-19 patients re-testing positive"
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/south-korea-coronavirus-covid19-reactivated-positive-1.5529066
So shes saying mass testing doesn't work?? What about South Korea,where there are so few new cases now? If people know they have it they will abide by quarantine more! They got the green light to test more people in the er now my wife says, who is a er doctor. She also says the tests are not very good some times as it takes 3 tests to get a positive result when they are certain a patient has covid and the first couple tests come back negative

So shes saying mass testing doesn't work?? What about South Korea,where there are so few new cases now? If people know they have it they will abide by quarantine more! They got the green light to test more people in the er now my wife says, who is a er doctor. She also says the tests are not very good some times as it takes 3 tests to get a positive result when they are certain a patient has covid and the first couple tests come back negative

think it’s more about allocation of resources and mass testing anyone and everyone is not a good allocation of the resources we currently have.

From what I was told they were ready for the china cases in BC. It’s the Iran cases that caught them off guard.
Yes Iran was the surprise but BC's first cases came from Washington State. Don't know if they were people returning home or travelers from there. I suspect when it's all said and done the unique RNA fingerprints will track all the different routes that this virus took across the world. Saw an interview with an epidemiologist that said stopping it is like trying to catch the wind with your fingers. Not going to happen and the best we can do is slow it down until we create a vaccine.

This is from the Friday Q&A

Why isn't Canada testing everyone for coronavirus?
https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/coronavirus-covid19-testing-canada-1.5527219

EVRmbuDUUAALqzz

They were just commenting on Global news that there may be ‘ new stricter restrictions ‘ after this weekend as people just don’t seem to be staying home.
Too many people are traveling and there may be an upward spike in confirmed cases after this weekend.

They were just commenting on Global news that there may be ‘ new stricter restrictions ‘ after this weekend as people just don’t seem to be staying home.
Too many people are traveling and there may be an upward spike in confirmed cases after this weekend.

One just has to see the scenes from NY to understand this s*** is real and smarten the f*** up!!!

Stay the f*** home so it will be sooner rather than later that you DON'T have to stay the f*** home.

I was getting pretty optimistic see the cases come down but boy seeing all Thoes people on the news going out has me second thinking that.

Pretty simple..... put the military at all terminals checking validation of travel needs. Start fining these morons.....
Don't understand why this was not done at the Border and the Airports right from the start now we are being persecuted from isolating where we want in our own Province. Penny wise and pound foolish I guess but maybe we will get a temporary seat at the United Nations instead.

Hey everyone, BC Hydro is giving 3 months credit (do not need to pay back) for eligible individuals.

For residential customers
If you or your spouse/partner have stopped working due to COVID-19, you may be eligible for three months of bill credit based on your average consumption.

Our application form for residential customers is now open. There is no rush to apply. Eligible customers can apply any time until June 30, 2020 to receive the credit.

https://app.bchydro.com/accounts-billing/bill-payment/ways-to-pay/covid-19-relief-fund.html

Normal long weekend sailings? Nanaimo 15 from horseshoe bay?, 8 from Tsawwassen; Victoria 15 from Tsawwassen. Average capacity 2,000? 76,000 for all? @ 50% still 38,000 daily?
4 sailings to Victoria today at 50 % capacity - 4,000? How many were regular Nanaimo/Victoria commuters coming home? No 4 sailing waits and line ups down the highway?
When is the media going to report facts? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back