All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the 7am boat coming over to the island was 90% full this am. Lots of RV/campers on the highway last night after work too.

They are talking about getting physiotherapist, dentist, chiropractors ect back to work.

Along with other stuff,

So I could see where a charter operator could take out clients by the summer
They are? How can they stay 6 feet away?

Possible sailing waits into Duke point.
Unreal.

when thinking about it. They aren’t running departure bay at all. Duke point sailings are cut in half and they can only take half the amount of vehicles on the ferries that do run. Still not many people coming over.

when thinking about it. They aren’t running departure bay at all. Duke point sailings are cut in half and they can only take half the amount of vehicles on the ferries that do run. Still not many people coming over.

Yeah but where are they going?? I have family on the island but going to see them is not essential and against the guidelines.

I guess the 7am boat coming over to the island was 90% full this am. Lots of RV/campers on the highway last night after work too.

Where are they going? BC Parks are closed and a there is a camping ban.

B.C. closes all provincial parks for COVID-19 protection

Easter weekend approaches, camping already closed.
The B.C. government is closing all provincial parks, on the advice of RCMP, local governments and search and rescue organizations about the risks associated with the COVID-19 coronavirus.

B.C. Parks is also extending the ban on all camping in provincial parks until May 31, after campgrounds and day facilities were closed March 24.

Most people were observing physical distancing while using parks and trails, but some were not and enforcement in wilderness areas is too difficult, Environment Minister George Heyman said April 8. The decision comes as the Easter weekend approaches and spring weather arrives for some in B.C.

“This applies to British Columbians and out-of-province visitors who were planning to visit or stay in our provincial parks,” Heyman said. “The message is clear: stay home, avoid travel, do not put yourself or others at risk.”

The extension of the camping ban to the end of May aligns with that of Canada’s national parks. Refunds from the B.C. Parks reservation system will be issued automatically, the ministry said.

Forest ministry recreation sites, facilities and trails were also closed March 24 as a precaution against COVID-19 exposure.

Any changes to the status of provincial parks will be posted to the B.C. Parks website.

For the conspiracy theorists:
Dr. Anthony S. Fauci at Georgetown University in a speech on January 10th, 2017

Duke point is running four sailings for everyone,and four sailings where cargo and essential personnel get priority boarding,and then the public at the discretion of the terminal.

I know it sounds crazy and extreme but they should setup rcmp check stops on major holiday routes and ticket people at this stage.

People are just too dumb and lack respect for others to follow the rules I’m not on much social media but apparently lots of people boasting about not taking it seriously.

“Between Jan. 22 and Feb. 18, 58,000 travellers arrived in Canada from China — 2,030 of them were coming from Hubei province.

Only 68 were pulled aside for further assessment by a quarantine officer and only three passengers were actually flagged for a medical exam — the other 65 passengers were sent away with a pamphlet.

It's impossible to know how many pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic passengers were released into the general Canadian population.”

Let that sink in for a minute...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/covid-19-government-documents-1.5528726

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/14-day-weather-trend/british-columbia/victoria?from7day=1

The weather is starting to concern me a little. Normally we get lots of rain in April, the old "April showers bring May flowers". On South VI it has been warm and sunny for some time and the 14 day forecast looks the same, - no rain. If much of the province is similar, we could end up burning off the snow packs and drying out the woods early, which could make for a very bad fire season. That I suspect would be the last thing we need on top of the plague.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/14-day-weather-trend/british-columbia/victoria?from7day=1

The weather is starting to concern me a little. Normally we get lots of rain in April, the old "April showers bring May flowers". On South VI it has been warm and sunny for some time and the 14 day forecast looks the same, - no rain. If much of the province is similar, we could end up burning off the snow packs and drying out the woods early, which could make for a very bad fire season. That I suspect would be the last thing we need on top of the plague.

True. Have some big butt snowpacks up island anyway which is positive. Only cpl hundred meters above the house where we quad there’s 2 ft of snow still. Couldn’t make it very far up the other day.

“Between Jan. 22 and Feb. 18, 58,000 travellers arrived in Canada from China — 2,030 of them were coming from Hubei province.

Only 68 were pulled aside for further assessment by a quarantine officer and only three passengers were actually flagged for a medical exam — the other 65 passengers were sent away with a pamphlet.

It's impossible to know how many pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic passengers were released into the general Canadian population.”

Let that sink in for a minute...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/covid-19-government-documents-1.5528726

From what I was told they were ready for the china cases in BC. It’s the Iran cases that caught them off guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back