9'-6" wide boat on BC Ferries?

yep towed a 30' x 10'6" beam cost me about $300 and change. Felt like prison sex... or what i think it would be

Hey Crazy, was that just from Van to Vic? Where did the trip start and end? Did they at least give you a free bar of soap or a tattoo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where in the Sidney/Victoria area do I go to get an oversize permit? What can happen if you don't have one? My concern would be possible liability issues in the event of an accident...

I believe I just phone the nearest scales and they sent me one through email I printed out. or they directed me to the place (phone #) that issued the permits....
in any event i've always done it oveer the phone. last time in the US I did it that way also... as long as you have the file saved on your cell phone email or txt that should be OK also...

Anything over 8'5" needs permit.
20$ for a day or 30$ for a month, call in and have info (ins papers)for the tow vehicle ready, trailer doesn't matter

provincial permit center

Toll-Free: 1-800-559-9688, (phone tree)

Available from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time); 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) during daylight savings time; seven days a week (except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day

Anything over 8'5" needs permit.
20$ for a day or 30$ for a month, call in and have info (ins papers)for the tow vehicle ready, trailer doesn't matter

provincial permit center

Toll-Free: 1-800-559-9688, (phone tree)

Available from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time); 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) during daylight savings time; seven days a week (except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day

i have never had the ferries ask for my permit number...

Hook in up is right with permit, don't like you towing oversize at night... The ferries don't care about permit they just want your $$$$ it's DOT that wants your permit and they can can cost you huge$$$ if you don't have one .
Hey
Chum no complimentary soap or even a kiss !! Tswassen to duke pt. Okanagan to tahsis I leave my boat on island can't afford ferry!! Lol

i have never had the ferries ask for my permit number...
its not the Ferries you have to worry about, it summer time and the roads are crawling with cvse vehicles,
and you know they will also be tagging trailers with surge brakes and if your oversize chances are you will also require electric or electric over hyd, in either case they must be able to be controlled from the drivers seat if your over a certain weight

Back