600hp Mercs x 2

Wow, 50 knots. Checked out the owners names listed on the side of the boat. Trucking business must be good.

I just got 4 installed on my boat and I love them. They really like gas.

A friend was in Maine last summer and attended the on the water boat show and sent me this photo.
At the show, this boat was on display and had 4 of those 600Hp on it. The bonus
of these engine is the power but also only the bottom section of the engine moves.
The main engine section doesn't move so they operate like an Azipod so you can mount
the upper engines an inch apart.

$77,000 US

Attachments

• Merc 600 hp.jpg
    Merc 600 hp.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 113
just...why lol.
at that point just stick a diesel shaft drive inboard on it and call it done. probably 3/4 the cost, twice the reliability and 10X the longevity.

Last edited:
I just can’t believe a 38’ boat made for fishing would have such a small dance floor. Couldn’t easily fit 3 back there

about 9'x10', and we also bring the side of the cabin aft for lines and to support the hard top, which may make look smaller than it is. but again we are custom so can make the interior space smaller and the aft deck larger, really depends how the clients use case and what is important or just add a couple more feet :)

aft deck_1.jpg
aft deck_2.jpg
aft deck_3.jpg

A friend was in Maine last summer and attended the on the water boat show and sent me this photo.
of these engine is the power but also only the bottom section of the engine moves.
The main engine section doesn't move so they operate like an Azipod so you can mount

$77,000 US
Curious how that seal on the lower leg will hold up in the chuck as that’s the swivel point for steering. Be interesting to here some reviews in a few years.

$77,000 US
Compared to triple 300's the twin 600's burn less fuel at same cruise speed ( mostly the 2 spd trans), has the torque to stay on plane and slower speeds, and of course more top end speed. However, the biggest difference is how the 600's make the boat handle like a much smaller boat , and they are almost silent compared to almost any other outboard, super smooth.

We are finishing up a twin diesel boat so we will do a comparison, triple 300s, vs twin 600, vs twin 320 diesels

Last edited:
Back