300 OB/9.9 on 22' DE, ADVICE AUTO PILOT TROLLING/DEPTH SOUNDER

Lowrance, and Simrad are all made by Navico. It is all mostly interchangable, for example I have the Lowrance Autopilot, but for heading sensor I use a Simrad Precision 9, and have Simrad Evo 2 and 3's controlling the Lowrance autopilot. There is a lot of compatibility with using modern Navico products.

Oh you still need the remote lol. I have a rear helm as well and it is nice to use when you want to manual steer but the remote is next level. Did i mention get the remote? :D

I don't believe you on the remote, you'll have to take me out Tuna fishing. I'll wear a mask!

@PAUL ANDERSON where are you located? I did buy everything from harbour chandler and a forum member/friend did the install. There is a very knowledgable women at Harbour Chandlers who knows the Lowrance gear inside and out. I haven't had to return anything but I imagine they are better to deal with than other shops. They would likely price match if getting a large package.

I don't believe you on the remote, you'll have to take me out Tuna fishing. I'll wear a mask!

@PAUL ANDERSON where are you located? I did buy everything from harbour chandler and a forum member/friend did the install. There is a very knowledgable women at Harbour Chandlers who knows the Lowrance gear inside and out. I haven't had to return anything but I imagine they are better to deal with than other shops. They would likely price match if getting a large package.
Im in Kitimat, I managed to find a shop in Alberta willing to sell me the gear called ''The Fishing Hole'' he seemed to know his stuff well enough and quoted me about $4200 for the 9" HDS live with auto pilot and navionics maps, I forgot to ask about the remote so ill have to add that in there also.
I will do the install myself, living north means do it yourself or your probably not getting in the water this year. I have learned a fair bit doing this outboard conversion and we tend to run our boats a lot further and fairly remote at times so its the one thing I like to do the work on myself just a weeee bit better chance I can get it moving again. I have done multi day return trips on the kicker and its not fun, another reason for me to spend $$ on a system with autopilot.

Last edited:
Im in Kitimat, I managed to find a shop in Alberta willing to sell me the gear called ''The Fishing Hole'' he seemed to know his stuff well enough and quoted me about $4200 for the 9" HDS live with auto pilot and navionics maps, I forgot to ask about the remote so ill have to add that in there also.
I will do the install myself, living north means do it yourself or your probably not getting in the water this year. I have learned a fair bit doing this outboard conversion and we tend to run our boats a lot further and fairly remote at times so its the one thing I like to do the work on myself just a weeee bit better chance I can get it moving again. I have done multi day return trips on the kicker and its not fun, another reason for me to spend $$ on a system with autopilot.

Sounds like a reasonable price. I have heard it ain't rocket science. Let us know when it steers you into the big one. We managed to land a tyee without too much trouble thanks to the autopilot and some luck.

Sounds like a reasonable price. I have heard it ain't rocket science. Let us know when it steers you into the big one. We managed to land a tyee without too much trouble thanks to the autopilot and some luck.
Will do. pumped to see how the honey preforms on the maiden voyage tomorrow.

Back