25 bertram restoration

I've got the factory seat at the upholsterer right now so I'm set for seating on this one but I have a couple more boats that need restorations so shoot me a pic and price on your shockwave seats.

A three piece drop curtain was the original plan but once I saw how I could build this bulkhead I had to do it.
I kept all the templates for this. I'll head so it will be half the time to do it again on the second Bertram I have outside.

Because the boat is ten feet wide, a three piece drop curtain may have turned into a big sail. I considered a half height bulkhead on the port and starboard sides with only canvas windows and canvas door. The lower part of the bulkhead would have been the backsides of seating and tackle boxes

That space is located at the front portion of the original - queen size bed - twin inboard dog house.
It was massive.

OMG that boat just keeps looking more and more spectacular. I never plan on going back to a glass boat, but your work sure makes me envy the beautiful mods and finish you've put on that classic hull. Too bad they don't have show and shine contests for restored boats, yours would take first place for sure. It's almost too pretty to ever want to put it in the salt.

I've never enjoyed working with glass, but I love working aluminum. Seeing what you've done definitely makes me envy your fine work. You are a true craftsman, and that is a dying breed in this day and age. Keep up the good work.

Well if you must live amongst the metalites, I hope you strive to create or want boats the like of coastal craft. I tip my hat to that aluminum builder.

WOW...just wow. I lurk a lot on this board, particularly on the fishing thread around the Vancouver / Sunshine Coast.. Seeing the workmanship on this restoration is amazing...we have one of Hourston's Island Runners and I am constantly wishing it had twin outboards for a variety of reasons. I would love to see this vessel on the waters, ideally in my slip :)

Last edited:
Thanks for all the compliments, from you and from everyone else on this thread.

Upholstery will be ready this week and we have tallied up the bills, so here's the answer to everyone's question, how much?

72,500 with power
57,500 with no power

The power is twin 2013 Honda 150's with warranty until 2018
Boat comes with an excellent condition tandem axel galvanized trailer

Whoa if that boat survives the week at those numbers I will be floored. How was the sea trial with the twin 150's, did the hull keep similar sea keeping traits as with the original inboards, if you ran it in its original form? I am not a big fan of fishing around the engine box with a stern drive in our boat and while i am not complaining, I am salivating at the thought of a 10' beam with a cockpit without floor hinges...

IMG_1222.JPG

We use the new Bennett electric/hydraulic trim tabs. The nice thing is they don't have any external oil reservoir, it's all in the ram now, nothing can leak and half the installation.
Beside the tab is the simrad structure scan transducer

IMG_1250.JPG

Got the outboards hung late last night. It's hard to tell in the picture but 80% of the pod is carried on the trailer which I really really like. We slid forward the winch post and ot just the right balance on the tongue weight and ended up with the majority one pod coupled to the four bunks on the trailer.

FYI- trailer is 2009 with full surge disk brakes , torsion axels and all led lighting. Made by pacific trailers.

Back