2023 Tuna Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year we don't have a boat to go tuna fishing in. The 27 foot North River was sold and not replaced like it should have been???

We are looking at going out and want to know what charter boats go out of Bamfield or Ucluelet for Tuna?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

It’s hot off winter , will be up in hardy with our grady 330 from Sunday - Sunday . Contemplating a run around the horn but not sure . If anyone is going to be fishing tuna next week out of winter and has a spot let me know , experienced ex guide with lots of gas money to blow!

Attachments

• 395C3D13-7978-4F88-B6D5-5FAA9DC15D44.png
    395C3D13-7978-4F88-B6D5-5FAA9DC15D44.png
    473.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
It’s hot off winter , will be up in hardy with our grady 330 from Sunday - Sunday . Contemplating a run around the horn but not sure . If anyone is going to be fishing tuna next week out of winter let me know , experienced ex guide with lots of gas money to blow!
Heading up to rivers inlet next week, would love to add a day of tuna but my hope is full coolers of white meat and a few 20+ salmon and some release video. Good luck!

Heading up to rivers inlet next week, would love to add a day of tuna but my hope is full coolers of white meat and a few 20+ salmon and some release video. Good luck!
That’s our main goal aswell , but I can’t resist the thought of some tuna in that close .

Does anyone know the dates of the Bamfield Shootout will be this year?

I am planning my tuna (and halibut) trip. Contemplating of going to Ukee or Bamfield via Port Renfrew (my boat 11'7 wide) or even all the way to Winter Harbour - but I've never been there.
What are the pros and cons of WH vs Ukee / Bamfield for tuna in the second half of August?

Depending on wind, weather, etc. I may make a tuna run out of Neah Bay sometime this next week. It will largely depend on whether we get quick limits of springs early in the day as we are still allowed 2 per person per day on the US side. So if not the trip this week it will happen the 4th weekend in August as they open halibut back up on the US side on 8/17 and where I fish for hali (72sq) is darn near to tuna grounds already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back