2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thumbs up. I’m so jealous! My wife has an uncanny ability to predict well into the future which weekend day will be good for fishing, make plans for us that day, and leave me the windy day free!!!
They nailed the tide change and peak time for this morning in that area.

Finished off with a bunch of large crab. Kind of depressing catching all of those Chinook. We tried our hardest to find a keeper Coho buy they were all wild. We were even catching great sized hatchery chinook at 25 feet doing 4 MPH. Frustrating that we can't bonk one and go home vs. playing with so many. Not for me.

Anyone out in the vancouver / sandheads area that can provide a real time weather (wind / wave) report. I’m over on galiano now and looking to get back to north arm at some point today and things don’t look great on windy / EC. Thx for any updates.

Your not going to like this but it's a solid 20 at the lighthouse and it's not going to calm down. It's going to blow harder as the day goes on.

Anyone out in the vancouver / sandheads area that can provide a real time weather (wind / wave) report. I’m over on galiano now and looking to get back to north arm at some point today and things don’t look great on windy / EC. Thx for any updates.
That’s a tough angle to come across against a NW… hope it lays down for ya. I think I saw you in Active Pass yesterday too.

That’s a tough angle to come across against a NW… hope it lays down for ya. I think I saw you in Active Pass yesterday too.
Man you do love to burn fuel!

And yes, coming home from the Galiano derby one year we made that cross in a strong NW. It's as uncomfortable as can be. Almost have to ride up the inside to Gabriola and try and get it behind you.

And yes, coming home from the Galiano derby one year we made that cross in a strong NW. It's as uncomfortable as can be. Almost have to ride up the inside to Gabriola and try and get it behind you.
I am everywhere. Lol. Had to check something at the cabin….

Or crawl up the beach to Lantzville or something to improve the angle across?

North arms a tough one. Your basically stuck taking it sideways. Unless you go into it from the south. That's a long day

I really don't see this wind dying down much. This high pressure system is fighting its way back

Try coming home hiding behind a BC Ferry vessel. You will have to go up to Nanaimo or down to active pass to catch one but it will be a lot calmer behind their wake. Slow but safe if you must cross in 20K wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back