2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got out today. Tunstall/Hutt/Tunstall. It was really slow, fishing off the bottom with spoons. No keepers or anything close all day. I also tried to get out last weekend. It was too rough. So I fished indian arm. Lots of fish on the screen but they were all pacific cod.
Really? There's pacific cod in Indian Arm?

We actually had a decent day at tunstall today. It was pretty steady with action until about 10:30. Lost a few, got a few unders, and one nice keeper. Spoons on bottom worked for us.

Attachments

• 489E289D-056F-4D64-8549-C0D2B6EFEF27.jpeg
    489E289D-056F-4D64-8549-C0D2B6EFEF27.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 388
I got out today. Tunstall/Hutt/Tunstall. It was really slow, fishing off the bottom with spoons. No keepers or anything close all day. I also tried to get out last weekend. It was too rough. So I fished indian arm. Lots of fish on the screen but they were all pacific cod.
How big are these pacific cods?

never know unless u try few more weeks winter springs should be here

They would be walleyed pollock . Always mis identified as pacific cod . Same ones that plague our spring grounds . Fantastic live lingcod bait
I've heard of those things referred to as peacod. Is that not correct then either?

They would be walleyed pollock . Always mis identified as pacific cod . Same ones that plague our spring grounds . Fantastic live lingcod bait
I just caught it and matched it to the image on my bottom fishing chart. It looks like a pacific cod. But after further review I realized the pacific cod is much bigger. It looks like a walleyed pollock. Tons of them up the arm. My bottom fish identification is clearly lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back