2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you want to get out tomorrow.

Strong northwesterly winds are developing this evening.

Locations: Metro Vancouver, East Vancouver Island, Southern Gulf Islands, Sunshine Coast.

Wind speeds: Northwesterly 70 gusting to 90 km/h, with the highest winds near the waters.

When: Tonight.

Remarks: In the wake of a Pacific frontal system, strong northwesterly winds of 70 gusting to 90 km/h are developing this evening. Thunderstorms are also possible.

The winds are expected to ease overnight.

Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. Loose objects may be tossed by the wind and cause injury or damage. High winds may result in power outages and fallen tree branches.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.

In case you want to get out tomorrow.

Strong northwesterly winds are developing this evening.

Locations: Metro Vancouver, East Vancouver Island, Southern Gulf Islands, Sunshine Coast.

Wind speeds: Northwesterly 70 gusting to 90 km/h, with the highest winds near the waters.

When: Tonight.

Remarks: In the wake of a Pacific frontal system, strong northwesterly winds of 70 gusting to 90 km/h are developing this evening. Thunderstorms are also possible.

The winds are expected to ease overnight.

Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. Loose objects may be tossed by the wind and cause injury or damage. High winds may result in power outages and fallen tree branches.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
Last night was definitely breezy

I was supposed to go fishing today. Held off the 630 pick up do to high wind. I'm having trouble with my windy app. Environment canada is showing undesirable conditions. Does it look doable today.?

I was supposed to go fishing today. Held off the 630 pick up do to high wind. I'm having trouble with my windy app. Environment canada is showing undesirable conditions. Does it look doable today.?
Depending on where you were thinking of fishing. The Strait is nasty, Sandheads 26 to 31, Entrance 32 to 38. Maybe Vancouver Harbour is doable or up Howe Sound.

Just walked the dog around Kits Point....the harbor is pretty calm.

Just picked up this beauty. Unfortunately a little on the small size so back it went. 150ft on the rigger in 150ft of water off the second mile marker in the harbour. Caught and released 3 so far. All on avocado Dream spoon.

Attachments

• AA3C78BB-AA56-475A-A71E-80944CCE6823.jpeg
    AA3C78BB-AA56-475A-A71E-80944CCE6823.jpeg
    442.4 KB · Views: 264
Just picked up this beauty. Unfortunately a little on the small size so back it went. 150ft on the rigger in 150ft of water off the second mile marker in the harbour. Caught and released 3 so far. All on avocado Dream spoon.
God I love these fish

I got out today. Tunstall/Hutt/Tunstall. It was really slow, fishing off the bottom with spoons. No keepers or anything close all day. I also tried to get out last weekend. It was too rough. So I fished indian arm. Lots of fish on the screen but they were all pacific cod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back