2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got out today. Windy app said howesound was calm. I didn't check environment canada. It would have told me about the Gail force. It got rough at point Atkinson, We thought it would calm down by sunset marine. It got worse. We turned back and went to the bell. It was dead slow. We saw a guy who was having great luck. He told me hoochie was on fire. So while I was switching to hoochie we got our first strike on the spoon. Lol. Then four more up to the boat. But all just too small. All off the spoon side. I watched the other guy land a keeper off hoochie. In total about 5 to the boat between 1:15pm and 2:00pm. Nice day all in all but the action could have been a bit more spread out.

We got out today. Windy app said howesound was calm. I didn't check environment canada. It would have told me about the Gail force. It got rough at point Atkinson, We thought it would calm down by sunset marine. It got worse. We turned back and went to the bell. It was dead slow. We saw a guy who was having great luck. He told me hoochie was on fire. So while I was switching to hoochie we got our first strike on the spoon. Lol. Then four more up to the boat. But all just too small. All off the spoon side. I watched the other guy land a keeper off hoochie. In total about 5 to the boat between 1:15pm and 2:00pm. Nice day all in all but the action could have been a bit more spread out.
High slack at the bell, interesting. Going to be a great winter season. Come on Volvo get me those damn parts!!!

Looking out the window in Lions Bay , little left over lump, no whitecaps, from yesterday's Northerly gale. Supposed to be blowing now , but its not...
Interesting. We were planning a trip to gibsons from Sewells.

Family isn’t too keen on bumpy rides.

Anyone been producing at tunstall or waterfall as of late? Going to head out tomorrow, debating bell and tankers or starting at waterfall to be set up for slack.

Anyone been producing at tunstall or waterfall as of late? Going to head out tomorrow, debating bell and tankers or starting at waterfall to be set up for slack.
This is a hard choice. But Tunstall is much further away. Two different buddies of mine who aren't on this forum have been doing pretty well at the bell recently. This time last year Tunstall/waterfall were better for us. I was at the bell on Saturday and it seemed hopeful.

This is a hard choice. But Tunstall is much further away. Two different buddies of mine who aren't on this forum have been doing pretty well at the bell recently. This time last year Tunstall/waterfall were better for us. I was at the bell on Saturday and it seemed hopeful.
this time of the year till march i like to hit tunstall and the waterfall

Found a few today up Howe sound. Weather was better than we were expecting but some chop from SE on the way back to north arm.

Fished tunstall, waterfall and grace and picked up these three keepers along with a few others just under. Chartreuse Needlefish spackleback hootch was the winner today in 180-200. Heater was cranked and bbq hot dogs for lunch. Felt like summer out there … almost.

Attachments

• C105B3CC-7320-4B5D-BE1D-1D369E308C65.jpeg
    C105B3CC-7320-4B5D-BE1D-1D369E308C65.jpeg
    363.6 KB · Views: 154
Found a few today up Howe sound. Weather was better than we were expecting but some chop from SE on the way back to north arm.

Fished tunstall, waterfall and grace and picked up these three keepers along with a few others just under. Chartreuse Needlefish spackleback hootch was the winner today in 180-200. Heater was cranked and bbq hot dogs for lunch. Felt like summer out there … almost.
Nice work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back