2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check this one out. Had last Friday-Sat off, went to Gibson’s, launched boat at Cooper’s Green, fished Friday, slept on boat bench Friday night, fished Saturday, back to Vancouver, treated 5 salmon, worked Sunday, back to Sunshine coast Monday to fish evening, slept on boat bench again Monday night, fished Tuesday, back to Vancouver, treat four fish, back at work at 5am Wednesday. PHEW!
Atta boy!

Wow, hard core. Mix in a pillow and sleeping bag next trip. On the plus side, if you sleep walk and fall over board in the middle of the night you’ll be safe as it appears you’re sleeping in your Mustang survival suit?
Yes, sleeping in the Mustang suit! I roll up my life jacket and use it as a pillow. Being that it’s only a 17‘6“ boat, space is at a premium! And I do tend to sleepwalk so you are correct, if I go overboard, at least I won’t drown. First night, girlfriend slept on the boat too.. LOOOOVED it!

Attachments

• F6CFF9DE-E054-45C2-91BE-A0A13D95A0AB.jpeg
    F6CFF9DE-E054-45C2-91BE-A0A13D95A0AB.jpeg
    218.9 KB · Views: 216
  • 35F0AA34-7E63-4121-B064-246EFDDCC36C.jpeg
    35F0AA34-7E63-4121-B064-246EFDDCC36C.jpeg
    278.1 KB · Views: 213
Yes, sleeping in the Mustang suit! I roll up my life jacket and use it as a pillow. Being that it’s only a 17‘6“ boat, space is at a premium! And I do tend to sleepwalk so you are correct, if I go overboard, at least I won’t drown. First night, girlfriend slept on the boat too.. LOOOOVED it!
so you are leaving vancouver to fish the sunshine coast? Or vice versa?

I've done something similar on my 17' Arima.. Van to Thormaby and sleep on the deck and lingcod for 2 days. Never to the extend you've done it tho :)

Did she sleep in the suit too? That’s awesome.

so you are leaving vancouver to fish the sunshine coast? Or vice versa?

I've done something similar on my 17' Arima.. Van to Thormaby and sleep on the deck and lingcod for 2 days. Never to the extend you've done it tho :)
Yeah but I drive to Gibson’s, pick up my boat at my nieces, then launch at Cooper’s Green. Dream is to have a 20 footer with a cuddy and a good four stroke and leave from Vancouver
, avoid ferry

Yeah but I drive to Gibson’s, pick up my boat at my nieces, then launch at Cooper’s Green. Dream is to have a 20 footer with a cuddy and a good four stroke and leave from Vancouver
, avoid ferry
Ah okay.. i had to say i was very confused why you'd leave the Vancouver fishery right now! Gotcha

Ah okay.. i had to say i was very confused why you'd leave the Vancouver fishery right now! Gotcha
Don’t troll, don’t wanna be in the middle of a jillion boats. However, boat is coming back to my place this week and I’ve been talking with a guy who jigs at SH, so gonna try that soon.

Don’t troll, don’t wanna be in the middle of a jillion boats. However, boat is coming back to my place this week and I’ve been talking with a guy who jigs at SH, so gonna try that soon.
Was a ton of boats first thing this morning and many nets. Then the winds and rain picked up and nada. We did land one and haven’t seen a net for a long time.

Attachments

• A1AAE5C4-E7DC-4368-BE14-79ABCAF31A46.jpeg
    A1AAE5C4-E7DC-4368-BE14-79ABCAF31A46.jpeg
    325.7 KB · Views: 129
We picked up a couple scrappy springs eventually and called it. Not the sock fishing we had in years past. We also @Stizzla 'd the **** out of the day unfortunately.
Lost gear:
4 18 lb cannon balls
7 clips
6 dummy flashers
2 auto stop with snubbers
All started because I wasn't prepared to fish socks and tried to jerry rigging a tuna chord extension with cheap parachord. Then after being lazy again by not setting up auto stops we jammed the next two balls into the rigger and pop! The shame far outweighs the 7 fish in the box. :(
That’s truly an expensive day

I went to sandheads today. 715-1130. One sockeye. If I could do it again I would target Chinook the whole time. The Chinook fishing has been outstanding. I'm going to try this weekend if possible.
What about running sockeye gear at the bottom .. 70 ish feet and then running a second rod around 45 feet for springs? So flasher and pink hootchies and then anchovie stacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back