2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving, loading boat, launching, boating, fishing, more boating, loading boat, cleaning, driving thru Surrey to drop some frozen fish from last week with the kid, more driving, more cleaning.
18 hours and 800 some km.
SH- 3 for 10 on sox on sock gear with 3 dummies at 40-60 feet in 3 hours then 1 for 1 sockeye on anchovy in 30 seconds at 90 feet.
YOLO.
Did better when I let them swim into net without lifting head (=crazy death spit spin). Pulled one by hand, but also lost one.
Damn, exhausted just reading your post!

Im back home in Van Monday night. Ill be on the water Tuesday morning. Its killing me reading these posts. Looks like a good year.

Last edited:
We picked up a couple scrappy springs eventually and called it. Not the sock fishing we had in years past. We also @Stizzla 'd the **** out of the day unfortunately.
Lost gear:
4 18 lb cannon balls
7 clips
6 dummy flashers
2 auto stop with snubbers
All started because I wasn't prepared to fish socks and tried to jerry rigging a tuna chord extension with cheap parachord. Then after being lazy again by not setting up auto stops we jammed the next two balls into the rigger and pop! The shame far outweighs the 7 fish in the box. :(
Ya lost a bit of gear… That’ll be about a thousand…

Damn, exhausted just reading your post!
Check this one out. Had last Friday-Sat off, went to Gibson’s, launched boat at Cooper’s Green, fished Friday, slept on boat bench Friday night, fished Saturday, back to Vancouver, treated 5 salmon, worked Sunday, back to Sunshine coast Monday to fish evening, slept on boat bench again Monday night, fished Tuesday, back to Vancouver, treat four fish, back at work at 5am Wednesday. PHEW!

Attachments

• 7D6A2228-F102-47A1-A747-94E99FF095C6.jpeg
    7D6A2228-F102-47A1-A747-94E99FF095C6.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 205
  • 6D9852AC-B7C9-4683-8A9A-E0671F871185.jpeg
    6D9852AC-B7C9-4683-8A9A-E0671F871185.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 206
Anyone out today? I'll be at sandheads around 12 after the wind and rain dies down. 18 ft crestliner brown and white. Throw us a wave!

Check this one out. Had last Friday-Sat off, went to Gibson’s, launched boat at Cooper’s Green, fished Friday, slept on boat bench Friday night, fished Saturday, back to Vancouver, treated 5 salmon, worked Sunday, back to Sunshine coast Monday to fish evening, slept on boat bench again Monday night, fished Tuesday, back to Vancouver, treat four fish, back at work at 5am Wednesday. PHEW!
Wow, hard core. Mix in a pillow and sleeping bag next trip. On the plus side, if you sleep walk and fall over board in the middle of the night you’ll be safe as it appears you’re sleeping in your Mustang survival suit?

Anyone out today? I'll be at sandheads around 12 after the wind and rain dies down. 18 ft crestliner brown and white. Throw us a wave!
It’s bouncy at T10. 1 in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back