2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some decent off on action at Pt Atkinson, been rolling chovies since noon, one small hatch in the box, one wild released, one missed. Seen half a dozen nets out, seems like a few coho are being taken…. Whoooohooo
The rough stuff seems more productive with most fish taken off the point. Hoping the bite continues into the evening.

As a new member, and one that I hope to see out there, what do you have for a boat?

Last edited by a moderator:
With the exception of a crazy few who fish no matter how hard the wind blows, do you think it will be a washing machine conditions for SH tomorrow?

Hey Guys, I have been searching DFO for opening Sept 1 and Cant see any confirmation. Will it be open for Chinooks at 29-6, 29-7, 29-9 & 29-10 ? DFO site showing all still closed.
Read FN0744 and/or wait for regs to be updated tomorrow.

Approaches to Fraser River and tidal water of the Fraser River - Subareas 29-6, 29-7, 29-9 to 29-17 and the non-tidal waters of the Fraser River from Mission Bridge to the confluence with Sawmill Creek:

-Currently in effect until further notice: No fishing for Salmon (Note: Fishing opportunities for specific Salmon stocks may be considered at a later date).

Read FN0744 and/or wait for regs to be updated tomorrow.

Approaches to Fraser River and tidal water of the Fraser River - Subareas 29-6, 29-7, 29-9 to 29-17 and the non-tidal waters of the Fraser River from Mission Bridge to the confluence with Sawmill Creek:

-Currently in effect until further notice: No fishing for Salmon (Note: Fishing opportunities for specific Salmon stocks may be considered at a later date).
Thanks. @Tighthead - 29-10 is only area that you think will be open for Tomorrow ?

Hey Guys, I have been searching DFO for opening Sept 1 and Cant see any confirmation. Will it be open for Chinooks at 29-6, 29-7, 29-9 & 29-10 ? DFO site showing all still closed.
29-7, 29-9, 29-10 likely won’t be open but it isn’t the fishable area anyways, it’s all the shallow delta. (Not sure why they group 29-6 in there as well… DFO logic)
Sand heads is 29-3 & 29-4 and opens tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back