2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to cross the Straight to fish. Too expensive. Too lumpy. Too much time. I’ll wait till Sept 1.
But it’s rockin over here!…. Got a 13, 11, & 9lb in the last couple days, including my kids first actual spring (grabbed rod, set hook, played it… was a jumper a few times). East entrance active pass all on skinny G herring aid spoon. 2 hatchery reds and a wild white 81EEC972-3123-4AA7-920D-F02A136CCC3B.jpeg

Must be 30 or more fly fisherman on the shore and on the bar already. No one seems to be hauling any fish in yet but it is early. I am hopeful. Nice and calm along the shoreline other than the tide rip from the first Narrows.

This is a late report....yesterday in 28-6....it was really lumpy. No fish for me but I tried for a couple of hours. A few other boats were out. We were all bobbing around pretty good. Their bottom paint all looked to be in top notch condition. So that's good to know. Eventually I quit and toured around a bit over near Deep Cove. Harbour Patrol was speed checking folks over there.

Harbour patrol was watching me when I was dropping my gear this morning just inside the restricted zone at the Capilano. I was sure to be painting with inside the lines to be compliant.

Fished Point Atkinson today. It was choppy with ugly swells but stuck it out and it paid off. Trolled just around the corner in calmer water within 28-6. 2 keepers and another 4 Chinook tagged and released and one hatch coho. One red and one white. 35 ft to 65 ft worker best.

Attachments

• received_1011958272801463.jpeg
    received_1011958272801463.jpeg
    292.6 KB · Views: 260
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back