2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With those NW winds, there will be some good rollers. Be a great weekend to cruise up the Arm.

With those NW winds, there will be some good rollers. Be a great weekend to cruise up the Arm.
Windfinder isn't showing anything crazy Saturday Sunday unless you're crossing. I want to get out of here for a night.

Windfinder isn't showing anything crazy Saturday Sunday unless you're crossing. I want to get out of here for a night.

Good push today and tonight, perhaps it will lay down for a bit tomorrow but the rollers will be around. Where are you headed? Howe sound would be a good option too.

Good push today and tonight, perhaps it will lay down for a bit tomorrow but the rollers will be around. Where are you headed? Howe sound would be a good option too.
Somwhere there's fish ideally.

I mini-diversion for the past and present guides on here. If companies like Bon Chovy are going across to Thrasher and related areas daily with their guests, due to slow fishing in Vancouver Harbour, would they add a fuel premium on their guests bill due to these high fuel costs and that extra running time? Or would they absorb it?

I mini-diversion for the past and present guides on here. If companies like Bon Chovy are going across to Thrasher and related areas daily with their guests, due to slow fishing in Vancouver Harbour, would they add a fuel premium on their guests bill due to these high fuel costs and that extra running time? Or would they absorb it?
The reason the guides crossover is you can retain next to nothing in the Vancouver area.. Plus you have a shot of a ling cod. If we didn't have a government that manages Fisheries based on politics instead of data I'm sure more would fish on this side!

Last edited:
The reason the guides crossover is you can retain to nothing more areas over there. Plus you have a shot of a ling cod. If we didn't have a government that manages Fisheries based on politics instead of data I'm sure more would fish on this side!
The latest PA reports on their Facebook page come right out and say fishing is slow on the Vancouver side, and that they cross regularly.

So, to my question, would guides do a fuel surcharge for that extra running time?

I'm pretty sure you just have to book a full day trip.

Pretty sure pacific anglers only goes across on a 10hr charter but I could be wrong.
Definitely adds to the fuel cost to go over and back that’s for sure. I figure I use anywhere from 45-60 gallons to go to entrance and back from Milltown Marina. Good thing it’s only for fun and not for work can’t imagine the weekly fuel bills

Anytime I’ve gone across with PA there wasn’t a fuel surcharge it was part of the cost

The latest PA reports on their Facebook page come right out and say fishing is slow on the Vancouver side, and that they cross regularly.

So, to my question, would guides do a fuel surcharge for that extra running time?
some do when fuel prices are crazy but they let you know when you book or it will show on the pricing posted as an added cost.

The reason the guides crossover is you can retain to nothing more areas over there. Plus you have a shot of a ling cod. If we didn't have a government that manages Fisheries based on politics instead of data I'm sure more would fish on this side!
AND you can count all the Orcas and whales as you pass too. Sort of very fast whale watching tour :D

They wouldn’t have much of a business model if they weren’t crossing over

I can't imagine doing that crossing to be able to catch one salmon (I guess two if coho were actually around) and one lingcod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back