2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fill up amount in imperial gallons with a 90 Merc and a 9.9 kicker after 8 hours of trolling and travel. False Creek to Bowen, around to Tunstall. Tank was full before we left, this was at the fuel dock at the end of the day to see the actual usage. I converted litres to imperial gallons by dividing it by 4.5. This included periodic trolling with the main in strong currents and wind.

Fuel consumption 90 Merc.pngBurrard Civic.jpg

coast wide?

Category(s):
COMMERCIAL - Invertebrates: Prawn and Shrimp by Trap

Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada

Subject: FN0566-COMMERCIAL - Prawn and Shrimp by Trap - South Coast / Fraser River - Areas 11 to 29, 111, 121, 123 to 127 - Coastwide Closure

The commercial Prawn and Shrimp by Trap fishery will close coastwide for the balance of the year effective 19:00 hours Friday June 10, 2022.

The fill up amount in imperial gallons with a 90 Merc and a 9.9 kicker after 8 hours of trolling and travel. False Creek to Bowen, around to Tunstall. Tank was full before we left, this was at the fuel dock at the end of the day to see the actual usage. I converted litres to imperial gallons by dividing it by 4.5. This included periodic trolling with the main in strong currents and wind.

View attachment 80865View attachment 80866
The problem is you should have stayed where you started! After telling me your honey hole we ended hooking up 15 fish with 10 landed and tagged. Included 2 doubles both brought in. Mucho gracias

Today I circumnavigated Bowen searching for coho and taking some Chinook samples. Trolled 8 hours. Fairly even action all around the island. The hot spot was RC just rounding the corner into Tunstall. Best depth was 65 feet for Chinook. But we wanted a coho so we spent a lot of time in the top of the water trolling fast. Best lure was the green swimmer tail hoochie. On a lemon lime flasher.

Today I circumnavigated Bowen searching for coho and taking some Chinook samples. Trolled 8 hours. Fairly even action all around the island. The hot spot was RC just rounding the corner into Tunstall. Best depth was 65 feet for Chinook. But we wanted a coho so we spent a lot of time in the top of the water trolling fast. Best lure was the green swimmer tail hoochie. On a lemon lime flasher.
Were you successful with any coho?

That’s good to know. My experience so far is been with that dirty water that I had to go deeper than 35 to 40 feet and so the Coho are not living there.

A reply from Parks Board on the west ramp at Vanier, from a member of a Facebook fishing page. (sorry admin)

Thank you for contacting us regarding the boat launch ramps at Vanier Park. You have likely noticed that both the west and east floats are significantly damaged, with two of the west float segments having broken loose entirely. The wave dynamics, interaction with mooring piles, tide changes, and mooring of unauthorized vessels make this a vulnerable site and a challenging repair. However, we are close to finalizing a repair that should enable to us to put the west float back into service later this summer. This is subject to availability of contractors and materials, both of which are presently in short supply.

In the meantime, we have recently relocated the 2 orphaned floats to the west side of the east dock, which means the east dock is unobstructed for use in launching from the east ramp. You are correct however that the west ramp is preferable for launching larger vessels – we are working on getting that back into operation as soon as possible.

The storm damage experienced here is just one of many damaged sites which also include Stanley Park seawall, Kits Beach seawall & pool, Jericho, and Spanish Banks. We are working on short-term fixes for all of these sites as well as longer-term strategies for adaptation to climate change and sea level rise: https://vancouver.ca/.../climate-change-adaptation...

Sincerely,
Andrew Seeton, P.Eng., M.A.Sc. (he/him)
Structures Engineer | Park Development
Vancouver Park Board | 2099 Beach Avenue

between the mile marker and bellboy tonight, out a bit deeper obviously. This is the dirtiest I have seen the water in years, all the river runoff is really affecting the water now. At least the debris has seem to have moved on. But the fish around the 200 feet level are there in numbers.

33B83ED2-FC7C-46D8-B3F0-1389B7DB26C4.jpeg5DF36429-1045-468E-B6BE-325B340F28C2.jpeg

Hi,
New to fishing. Went out on Sunday afternoon around the “bell buoy” in Vancouver. Used a purple and gold flasher with a pink and white hoochie at 50’ depth on the downrigger. At around 530pm, 1 hour after low tide, a large coho hit our line - started pulling out line right away. We got it up beside the boat, but I lost it trying to get it into the net. Did I mention that I’m new to fishing?! Continued for another hour, but no bites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back