2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late report. Got out in -12 degrees on Wednesday. Took a while to scrape ice off downrigger mounts, clear the windows and get the motor started but it paid off. We fished 100 feet deep at the mouth of the cap from 11-3 and had steady action. Landed a 12 pounder, a 6 pounder, lost a few and landed some shakers. Winter fishing at its finest. Lemon Lime flasher and irish cream spoons out performed everything else. Trolled a tight circle west of the green marker to the totem pole area and rock piles. Thats it for this year.

Attachments

• winter springs.jpg
    winter springs.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 188
  • winter fishing.jpg
    winter fishing.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 179
Late report. Got out in -12 degrees on Wednesday. Took a while to scrape ice off downrigger mounts, clear the windows and get the motor started but it paid off. We fished 100 feet deep at the mouth of the cap from 11-3 and had steady action. Landed a 12 pounder, a 6 pounder, lost a few and landed some shakers. Winter fishing at its finest. Lemon Lime flasher and irish cream spoons out performed everything else. Trolled a tight circle west of the green marker to the totem pole area and rock piles. Thats it for this year.
you are the frikkin MAN!!

Why do you think that? From my understanding they are fairly rare and sensitive. A bunch of cannonball hits and hookups to a fragile animal doesn't sound like a good idea.
I commercial fished for shrimp in these areas we would avoid them because they would destroy your tow but they are not rare. Total ******** to ban prawning by trap. I can see banning commercial trawl but traps do little or no damage!

Just a heads up,
Taking the ferry from horseshoe to langdale and lots of logs and debris between Bowen and gambier.
Keep your head up if you're off Halkett bay

Last edited:
Any chance anyone will be at sewells marina today?

I've been away and am getting a little nervous about the condition of my boat/canvas.

Any chance anyone will be at sewells marina today?

I've been away and am getting a little nervous about the condition of my boat/canvas.
I've been In the area. The worst is over. If it wasn't damaged on Friday you should be in the clear. My boat is at mosquito. I did the check up yesterday. No snow on it. Pumps worked hard I bet.

thats awesome

I commercial fished for shrimp in these areas we would avoid them because they would destroy your tow but they are not rare. Total ******** to ban prawning by trap. I can see banning commercial trawl but traps do little or no damage!
Well, years ago I definitely pulled up some glass sponge on my prawn trap when I was an ignorant doofus and did not know about the closures. Was about eight years ago so may not have been closed yet. Anyway, definitely had glass sponge pieces on my trap.

Parking lot of Vancouver Marina in Richmond earlier today. These King Tides are no joke!

From what I understand when talking to big boss man, is that it wasn't because of the tide being higher than normal as far as footage for the king tides this time of year. It was because of the perfect chain of events that rarely happen. The chances of that happening are once in a lifetime sorta thing. It was the wind on the west coast making the water level higher in the Georgia straight, mixed with the 16ft tides and mixed with all that snow that piled up, and then melting with the big rains. Westham island was almost not an island. Ladner got it pretty good too. Maybe missing something but that what I seem to understand after talking with the old boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back