2022 Tuna Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...just heard from him ...enough of the elitism ....haha. He and a guy from Nanaimo chased them on the spear gun. The dude from Nanaimo who I met hit one on the spear gun.

They looked for boiling balls of bait/birds which usually means the tuna are boiling to which you can see....bailed overboard in and amongst to see what they could hit. Awesome hearing the guy who hit talk about it. Hit one and lost and it and number 2 came over the rail.

Looks like it's next year for us☹️,our charter bailed ,so it was kinda like getting kicked in the gut today ive watching the weather and laparousse buoy for almost 2 weeks so wanted to get a taste of this elitism oh well shoot for next year lucky little tunas would have been scared if we showed up on the grounds!!!

Last edited:
Looks like it's next year for us☹️,our charter bailed ,so it was kinda like getting kicked in the gut today ive watching the weather and laparousse body for almost 2 weeks so wanted to get a taste of this elitism oh well shoot for next year lucky little tunas would have been scared if we showed up on the grounds!!!
Did he bail because of weather?

Ukee harbour is full of commercial tuna boats they came in Tuesday night for Wednesday's blow and don't seem to be in a hurry to get back out. Of course they go farther than sport boats usually and it does look like 2-3 meters farther out, which they can handle, but the beer is here in town.

That was the claim even though it looks like it might lay down on Saturday
That’s a bummer you didn’t get out.

I had canceled a tuna trip for Saturday. The problem being that I was needed to commit to a mediocre weather forecast two days out. I personally make my weather calls in the morning of my outings. If weather is acceptable we go but if not we don’t. To call a group of guys to town for tuna because the forecast says the seas MIGHT lay down is not something i’m going to do. If my group said they would be in town and in position if the weather cooperates we go tuna and if not we fish salmon I would have been good with that. Too bad because the weather did end up being decent and we would have been out there. Tuna fishing was good yesterday.

There still is opportunity for you to get out this year! Don’t give up just yet.

Day 1 of the derby in the book. The fish this year are way bigger. 35 and a 33.9 came in.

Attachments

• C2F58B2B-660F-491C-9437-AAF4EF58BAE0.jpeg
    C2F58B2B-660F-491C-9437-AAF4EF58BAE0.jpeg
    404.5 KB · Views: 231
  • 9BA22573-40E1-46C6-BFA5-DD191E624226.jpeg
    9BA22573-40E1-46C6-BFA5-DD191E624226.jpeg
    564.3 KB · Views: 222
  • F231B49B-F72E-4137-AC10-00ACD612C42C.jpeg
    F231B49B-F72E-4137-AC10-00ACD612C42C.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 202
  • A9BC2A80-8877-4216-A640-94940F9F0D45.jpeg
    A9BC2A80-8877-4216-A640-94940F9F0D45.jpeg
    497.2 KB · Views: 194
That’s a bummer you didn’t get out.

I had canceled a tuna trip for Saturday. The problem being that I was needed to commit to a mediocre weather forecast two days out. I personally make my weather calls in the morning of my outings. If weather is acceptable we go but if not we don’t. To call a group of guys to town for tuna because the forecast says the seas MIGHT lay down is not something i’m going to do. If my group said they would be in town and in position if the weather cooperates we go tuna and if not we fish salmon I would have been good with that. Too bad because the weather did end up being decent and we would have been out there. Tuna fishing was good yesterday.

There still is opportunity for you to get out this year! Don’t give up just yet.
Like i said earlier i always respect the captains call,im the same way on my boat,so i never question that. Just dissapointed the call couldnt have come on the Friday when we were scheduled for a Ferry is all we will shoot at another date next year

Like i said earlier i always respect the captains call,im the same way on my boat,so i never question that. Just dissapointed the call couldnt have come on the Friday when we were scheduled for a Ferry is all we will shoot at another date next year
That is the reality of tuna fishing. A slight change in the winds 50 miles offshore when it’s a lake 25 miles out wrecks things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back