2022 Tuna Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a public announcement on their site saying an incident had been reported amongst staff requiring a new manager to be brought in for the lodge. We have friends going there next week on a tuna charter and they haven't found out any further details. Apparently it was significant enough of an incident that the tournament has been cancelled as of yesterday.

Holy F

Day 1 of the derby in the book. The fish this year are way bigger. 35 and a 33.9 came in.
Beauty shots of the dolphins. How far out were they? Sorry, the race was canceled for you.

That sucks about Willie, he seemed to be doing good things for the community and the sport. He and I chatted about spearing a tuna, pretty amazing feet. I've been thinking about getting a halibut but besides freediving to 100 feet once I'm pretty much a beginner.

Whoa, just saw this on chek. Not sure why willie would go and delete has insta for no reason, last posts I saw were him on a trip out with the harbor Chan group. Pretty sure the guys wife and kids are also living there. Crazy

Whoa, just saw this on chek. Not sure why willie would go and delete has insta for no reason, last posts I saw were him on a trip out with the harbor Chan group. Pretty sure the guys wife and kids are also living there. Craz
Willie was arrested. That’s the info I have.

I would like to think you guys are mature enough to not speculate on a sensitive subject without real evidence.

I can’t understand why they canceled the rest of the event even though it opened an opportunity for me to go tuna fishing

can’t understand why they canceled the rest of the event even though it opened an opportunity for me to go tuna fishing

Seem like the resort is placing the blame with the event, now I don’t no if that’s fair or not but that’s how this reads to me.

race for the blue​

We were extremely upset to hear about highly inappropriate behaviour connected to one of our annual events. Our first concern is for our staff, and we are responding to the needs of those affected.
We have brought in an interim manager and independent counsellor and continue to take steps to ensure the absolute safety and wellbeing of our team.

This year’s Race for the Blue tournament has been cancelled, we are grateful for the cooperation and understanding of participants and sponsors.

Beauty shots of the dolphins. How far out were they? Sorry, the race was canceled for you.

That sucks about Willie, he seemed to be doing good things for the community and the sport. He and I chatted about spearing a tuna, pretty amazing feet. I've been thinking about getting a halibut but besides freediving to 100 feet once I'm pretty much a beginner.
They were right at the start or Louden canyon. I took some pretty amazing video as well, I’ll just have to find a way to get it up with decent quality.

Today was slower, pretty good action right away with 6 in an hour then it died off completely and we got 1 more before we went and did black cod. That’s it for the season for us.

Attachments

• 2394B587-351B-4CE4-AE21-D2BF99235E9C.jpeg
    2394B587-351B-4CE4-AE21-D2BF99235E9C.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 150
They were right at the start or Louden canyon. I took some pretty amazing video as well, I’ll just have to find a way to get it up with decent quality.

Today was slower, pretty good action right away with 6 in an hour then it died off completely and we got 1 more before we went and did black cod. That’s it for the season for us.
If you zip it, right click compress, I can throw it up on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back