2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Mine was 10 weeks, yours need s 350 vortec too, no? Any end in sight? Good luck, I was down may 1 to mid August which was super lame.
Yeah it should be ready this week but with the crappy weather I don't want to pick it up with the possibility of filling it with water they are saying we may get a break in the weather so hopefully I can pick it up later this week..but of course 2 broken ribs still need a month or so to heal before I can get down in the engine compartment hopefully have her floating by mid January fingers and toes crossed

Yeah it should be ready this week but with the crappy weather I don't want to pick it up with the possibility of filling it with water they are saying we may get a break in the weather so hopefully I can pick it up later this week..but of course 2 broken ribs still need a month or so to heal before I can get down in the engine compartment hopefully have her floating by mid January fingers and toes crossed

Ah great it's almost done, rib ticklers are zero fun, good luck with it all!

Hi guys I was wondering when the crabbing around the Vancouver area get good? I’m hopping to dump my boat in around exams and cream a bunch of crab for a Xmas eve or New Years dinner

Beauty day on the water, some wind at times but boat handles it well. Bites throughout the day, just finding and keeping on the bait. 4 rods out by myself at first, changed to 2 after a bit as I was getting tired. A couple in the boat and on my way home before it got too dark. Needed a day alone to catch up with myself, BP dropped 10 points.

Fished the harbour for a few hours yesterday, 10 - 12:30, with low tide around 10:15. Got one purple, shiny, undersized fish at 130' right away off the bell buoy. Gaff released for it to grow bigger and thought I was in for a good few hours. But that was it.

Trolled along the mile markers trying out to 160' and in to 100'. Lots of scattered bait, mostly in the 120' neighbourhood. Tacked out through the freighters. No seals or seal mobs, which was a welcome finding, and not too much debris in the water. But also no more fish for this guy.

Wind got sporty towards midday as the NW built but overall beauty day with some sun. Water was chocolate milk brown so I'm wondering how all the runoff and silt are affecting the fish. A few calm, cool days coming up so will try to make it out to some clearer water in Howe Sound.

Never mind the hoochie you should have seen the bbq toasted Italian deli sandwich with provolone and Sicilian olives, was better then a fish strike...

Sorry Hoochie... Green glow splatter back is pretty much the only one i'll fish in the winter it works all the time, my thinking is if it's missed hits
or fish comes off means the hook is barely on the lip, maybe the hoochie is dancing to much for them to get a good set... hook is set back more on spoons and sits in one spot so better chance of the hook going deeper, but theres days that the hooch is unreal, South Bowen, then 3 beers ... Bait.. i find you can boat 5-10 min anywhere and hit bait. i look for seals

View attachment 72672
that is the yellow spackle back, OG140R. The green spackle back is OG142R.

Back