2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Is the marine gas limited to 30l?
Let us know when you fill up . Heard some pumps are shutting off at 30L . I was able to fill up my 4Runner this morning with 41 L oops . My gas gauge doesn’t work so I need to fill up to know how long I can go though so there’s that exception? Don’t hate lol .

Side note I’ll pitch in the 30L of gas money if someone takes me out lol. Might get some sour looks trailering my boat through a gas station to fill her up .

now back to the tyee reports

Fished Tunstall and Cape Roger Curtis from 11am to 1pm and didn't get a sniff today. Oh, wait: one flounder. Didn't see anyone else get anything either. Tried in tight at 120'. Tried out deep to 225' on the riggers (300' on the sounder) and no love to be found.

Wonder about the silt in the water and how it affects the fish. Thought about trying the Bell Buoy on the way back in but the patience of my 8-year-old net man had evaporated.

There was debris out there but it wasn't too bad. Mostly on tidelines (as usual) and either small branches and bark or whole trees with roots sticking up. Not too many doom logs or deadheads.

No bait seen and no bites for us at south Bowen. Moved to the bell buoy and saw lots of bait and some arches. Nothing was interested in what we had to offer. A couple of other boats there too and no nets seen. Most packed it in around 1pm.

Fished the bell today. Not long as I had nobody to go with, so my wife came along. She's a four hours max girl. The water was very clouded so I tried every I had with tons of glow. Tons of bait. Especially on the bottom in 120ft. An immediate hit was not a sign of things to come. It was our only fish 40cm. However I did manage to get another trap, and a separate long rope with a rigger cable and clip attached to it. What a mess. The trap had about 60 feet of rope on it. No wonder the guy lost it.

Attachments

• 20211121_131424.jpg
    20211121_131424.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 20211121_131802.jpg
    20211121_131802.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 206
Back