2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I’m already dusting off my prawning and winter trolling gear. 2021 was a write-off in my books anyway. 15 days of cra**y fishing and the first major rain is coming in. Add the seiners to this mix and you better hit the rivers for some hike and cast workout.
Going to plan my next summer around this year’s closures and be done by end of August. Our local fishery has become a joke thanks to DFO’s management of resources- managing to zero it is!
Keep this in mind when you vote in this upcoming federal election on September 20th! The Liberals have failed severely on providing access for the Vancouver area and Southern Vancouver Island to Chinook salmon April 1st August 31st! There were science-based proposals that were put forward by the SFAB that they chose to ignore!

Keep this in mind when you vote in this upcoming federal election on September 20th! The Liberals have failed severely on providing access for the Vancouver area and Southern Vancouver Island to Chinook salmon April 1st August 31st! There were science-based proposals that were put forward by the SFAB that they chose to ignore!
Absolutely. I just hope that whatever party gets in, they will do something about this. Prollly dreaming but…..

I’m already dusting off my prawning and winter trolling gear. 2021 was a write-off in my books anyway. 15 days of cra**y fishing and the first major rain is coming in. Add the seiners to this mix and you better hit the rivers for some hike and cast workout.
Going to plan my next summer around this year’s closures and be done by end of August. Our local fishery has become a joke thanks to DFO’s management of resources- managing to zero it is!
me too looking forward to winter fishing and prawning

Earlier this week fished North Arm crack of dawn soon as i dropped the lines bang spring 100' few other hits, moved onto
T10 very quite, so i trolled out to the second tide line or the froth and bam cohos, nice ones just couldn’t get them in.. major twisting and fatties..
from T10 i trolled 2 miles out where i hit the cohos.. last 2 years QA and Bell still produced some big fish mid Sept, slow year but you never know..
earlier this week vid with a nice fish take.. gonna be nice out tomorrow

Earlier this week fished North Arm crack of dawn soon as i dropped the lines bang spring 100' few other hits, moved onto
T10 very quite, so i trolled out to the second tide line or the froth and bam cohos, nice ones just couldn’t get them in.. major twisting and fatties..
from T10 i trolled 2 miles out where i hit the cohos.. last 2 years QA and Bell still produced some big fish mid Sept, slow year but you never know..
earlier this week vid with a nice fish take.. gonna be nice out tomorrow
That was a fat coho caught at 100 feet too?

A couple buddies and I are headed out tomorrow. Thinking of the south arm as the winds should be good. Would there be any chum around for action?
Cheers, Rob

Looks like the last solid day for weather unless you're down with the game force winds brewing for tomorrow...I'm heading out around 9 am for a boat ride to the SH, unless one of you really smart folks can convince me otherwise, then back for some cap torture to wrap the day off. Go get em, what's left anyway haha

Back