2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Man the springs really are thin pickins out there hey?… worked it all day, 7-10am at T10 working it with the Seahawks boat guy, just a hatch coho… went to sand heads for a few hours, 3 pinks. Finished at North arm 2hrs not a sniff. Worked the chovies all day, no spring love. Fun day hooked about 15 total, 1 ho 3 pinks total, released a beauty wild ho, all in all a great day but sure missing the crazy chinook action for sure. Meh, fun time anyways.

Man the springs really are thin pickins out there hey?… worked it all day, 7-10am at T10 working it with the Seahawks boat guy, just a hatch coho… went to sand heads for a few hours, 3 pinks. Finished at North arm 2hrs not a sniff. Worked the chovies all day, no spring love. Fun day hooked about 15 total, 1 ho 3 pinks total, released a beauty wild ho, all in all a great day but sure missing the crazy chinook action for sure. Meh, fun time anyways.
Any blonde action today?

Not many nets out that we saw, the orcas were out there first thing in the a.m. but left soon after. Talked to some folks at the launch who had similar results.
They were still there way out, south west of QB in ~500’ of water this morning. I saw a large pod moving southerly and that’s probably why the NA was so slow today.

Another solo effort,got to SH at 2:45, and got a good hit at 3:30. A scrappy 14# white and this time I didn't almost blow the netting job....
Passed a fellow with a 10# red and saw the odd pink landed but little else. Dead until I picked up at 6:45 and one of my herring was badly raked so I guess I missed a bite. Pretty tough sledding. Happy to pick one up.

Chinook-14lbs-Sept11-2021-1.jpg
[/url]redhead wallpaper

Ha, now that’s a good memory you got. Lol. Unfortunately I was with a couple 60-yr old men so figured I’d spare you guys that scenery. Took blondie & friends out last weekend but less fishing and more cruisin and boozin… there is still time left in the season. I’m still working on it. Lol
Don't get friend zoned! An easy trap by the guileful Vancouver girl. Especially when you have a boat ;)

With the inevitable gong show at the cap coming up, I just want to remind everyone that if a vessel is approaching from your STARBOARD side, you are the give-way vessel (STARBOARD is the RIGHT side of the vessel when you're driving). Doesn't matter if you've been fishing the tack or not, as long as everyone respects this then there should be no big problems. Also use your best judgement if a vessel seems like it's not going to give way, don't just continue on the same path expecting others to follow the rules. The ocean is big and there are plenty of fish to be caught, no need to be arguing with another boat or better yet, be untangling each other's twisted rigger lines when you could be fishing more. There will always be googans who are disrupting the order at the tack, but such is the way of life. Just gotta call them assholes under your breath and move on. Confrontation on the water will never turn out good anyway.

Now let's go get some fish!

With the inevitable gong show at the cap coming up, I just want to remind everyone that if a vessel is approaching from your STARBOARD side, you are the give-way vessel (STARBOARD is the RIGHT side of the vessel when you're driving). Doesn't matter if you've been fishing the tack or not, as long as everyone respects this then there should be no big problems. Also use your best judgement if a vessel seems like it's not going to give way, don't just continue on the same path expecting others to follow the rules. The ocean is big and there are plenty of fish to be caught, no need to be arguing with another boat or better yet, be untangling each other's twisted rigger lines when you could be fishing more. There will always be googans who are disrupting the order at the tack, but such is the way of life. Just gotta call them assholes under your breath and move on. Confrontation on the water will never turn out good anyway.

Respectfully nor do posts like this , because most of them dont know a Starboard from a washboard ! Googans will be Googans ........ I prefere to just stay away and thats why you won't see me there as my main reason for getting out is to loose the rat race not enter it !! Tight Lines

yup pretty easy usually the first arrive set the tack those closest to shore determine the direction. But it gets harry so follow the flow and be nice. Like stated above red to red your portside so the rules of the road your left to their left.

Respectfully nor do posts like this , because most of them dont know a Starboard from a washboard ! Googans will be Googans ........ I prefere to just stay away and thats why you won't see me there as my main reason for getting out is to loose the rat race not enter it !! Tight Lines

Since I seem incapable of catching much these days, I've had a lot of opportunity to remain aware of my surroundings, particularly around the Sandheads this season. I've noticed that the boaters around me have been much more civilized than years gone by. Perhaps that's a by product of the same affliction to catching springs as I have developed, but I'm pragmatic and hope for the best.

The Cap should be interesting but I won't be there quite yet, although the sporty conditions this week may have other plans. Meanwhile, you can find me tomorrow off the Fraser, likely practicing extended collision avoidance techniques.

See, therapy is paying off already AF!

Since I seem incapable of catching much these days, I've had a lot of opportunity to remain aware of my surroundings, particularly around the Sandheads this season. I've noticed that the boaters around me have been much more civilized than years gone by. Perhaps that's a by product of the same affliction to catching springs as I have developed, but I'm pragmatic and hope for the best.

The Cap should be interesting but I won't be there quite yet, although the sporty conditions this week may have other plans. Meanwhile, you can find me tomorrow off the Fraser, likely practicing extended collision avoidance techniques.

See, therapy is paying off already AF!
The reason it's been civil is because nobody is catching fish so nobody else isn't trying to cut behind the guy that just caught. When it starts to go off the pack tightens considerably. Fortunately for me there was only one idiot following me around when I caught all my fish this past week ;)

Back