2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

View attachment 70302

I appreciate all the advice i’ve gotten from this forum this year, first year owning a boat. Caught this at NA after being skunked at t-10. It’s been spotty, but last light has been doing well! Caught this on a pink jig.

mine from yesterday was also a hatchery making it my second hatchery from SH. Crazy with such a low mark rate that there is this many hatchery fish being caught.

Any weather/chop reports out there? NA or SH? Thought about going but forecast seemed rather windy, that picture from the cap makes me want to head out…

Any weather/chop reports out there? NA or SH? Thought about going but forecast seemed rather windy, that picture from the cap makes me want to head out…
Always calmer (93.7% of the time anyway haha) near the cap ! 16 and 17s at SA not going to be glass but fishable with bruising involved. I'll stay home and watch the home team Riders beat Bombers .... GO RIDERS GO !

Saw the whales a few times yesterday at SH...still had a few good wacks but we goosed it on the rods
We had several bites that looked like big takes but the fish must have just nipped at the bait. Couldn't get a hook set.

Always calmer (93.7% of the time anyway haha) near the cap ! 16 and 17s at SA not going to be glass but fishable with bruising involved. I'll stay home and watch the home team Riders beat Bombers .... GO RIDERS GO !
True.. I may just wait till Monday

Came out of the marina at 1300. Choppy so decided to give cap mouth a try. Good decision. 2/3 on hatchery coho. Just landed a 12lb spring in 113 feet of water. DR at 60’. Good luck.

Attachments

• EBE71FC5-4529-4273-B5F0-6815C14949D0.jpeg
    EBE71FC5-4529-4273-B5F0-6815C14949D0.jpeg
    275.2 KB · Views: 108
Came out of the marina at 1300. Choppy so decided to give cap mouth a try. Good decision. 2/3 on hatchery coho. Just landed a 12lb spring in 113 feet of water. DR at 60’. Good luck.
That’s awesome how deep and what on were u getting the coho?

I fished sandheads today. Started at 740 at the T10 trolled to sandheads and picked up an approx 65-70cm Chinook we released it because it had been sealed previously and didn't look great. Then a couple under Chinook. Then a wild Coho. Then noon until 530 with nothing other than pinks. Good day, fairly rough ride out and the green crab float provided some great entertainment today.

Back