2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Buddy was off t10 this am, said it was way fishier than the sandheads, but for them it was a parade of pinks...was at the sandheads for first light for 3 hours then t10 for 1.5h on the run back to fishermen's.

Also getting reports of no fish. Is this an evening fishery now?

trolled NA nothing for 4 hrs. Moved towards sandheads and now the pinks are terrorizing my precious chovies. Hopefully will hook a nice chinook before I run out.

Spent the last 2 years getting the boat done. On a budget.
Been to MacBeach and watched hundreds of boats in and out, very few with damage
Launched mine for a test run, 10 min thought I had cavitation.
Boat didn't go great but was improving, thought the wrong pitch on the props.
Pulled it out along with a tree limb jammed into the leg.
I thought I was lucky because the leg was not damaged or the props.
I have never seen a Gimbal ring broken before, now I have.
On top of the pin on one side and below on the other.

It was a great day! And now more time for repairs, getting old sucks

trolled NA nothing for 4 hrs. Moved towards sandheads and now the pinks are terrorizing my precious chovies. Hopefully will hook a nice chinook before I run out.
At SH most of the afternoon now with nothing to show except a little better tan Great day for boating though.

Got out with the legend himself @Reeltime. Dropped the lines at SH at 2PM. 150-250 FOW 48-58 on the riggers. Big herring (my usual) picked up two scrappy marble 20's in the first couple hours. Amazing fights with huge runs. Major display of patience on the net by RT. Went quiet for a while but we stuck to our spot and just did circles waiting. Got an under on my side and when I shut the motor down to deal with it his rod went off and a beauty red 12 took the XL chovy at a near dead stop. More circles and bang another just keeper red on his same setup. They're out there guys. I'm not packing it in just yet.
Thanks man, had a great time! .. a pic from yesterday again, get the blood flowing for the weekend, need a hog!!
Good luck! everyone
D9F22270-51AC-4E80-8C65-80D41893C84C.JPG

Bell buoy started at 11. Nada. NA 2 pinks at 120 on DR. Went to T10 for an hour. Zip. Sandheads hooked and landed chinook in 5 min. 51 on DR. White hoochie. Couple pinks. Numerous little immature salmon. Hurts the bait supply!!! Landed another nice nook at 62 on DR. White hoochie again. Also lost another decent fish on hoochie. Leaving the bait at home! LOL. Beautiful day!!! Flat calm. Out again tomorrow but only going to NA. Finally a great day!

Was at SH 2:30-6:30 , Had huge hit , took off screaming almost spooled me, managed to get it 20’ back of the boat and it was gone.
I never had such a big fight as that one, bent the triple hooks straight, (unfortunately I think it was a seal) ! But I’m going with it was a huge hog spring .
thats my story I’m sticking to it.
other than that lots of shakers and anchovies stealing pinks..

Back