2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Anyone trying north of Gower? Going out on Thursday and would like to know if its worth the run or should I just fish The Hump and RC?

Anyone trying north of Gower? Going out on Thursday and would like to know if its worth the run or should I just fish The Hump and RC?
I was there on Friday. See my report for more details but basically, all chinooks were undersized. Biggest about 50 to 55 cm.

Where are you fishing?
I'll work certain spots to see where they’re hanging (Westvan), the yellow QD Can just east and west of it, shallows of Pink Apt, Point Atkinson to just past fisheries, if you hit one fish loop around in that area i find they are in pockets.. gonna start heading out further to the Bell and North

Fished the inside of south bowen noon to 3. 3/7 on the day plus fed the eagles 3 bottom feeders. Those birds are on top of you shorty after you set the hook. Boxed 2 pinks and released a small spring. 2 rods 1 squirt at 88, 1 white hoochie at 145-165
Water temp 67.8 average

Hi all, am looking for any recent reports for Burrard Inlet...

Am planning to take my kids out for their first ever taste of salmon fishing this weekend (they love freshwater fishing)...Need to do my best to keep them engaged with action or it will be a very short trip and a challenge to get them back on the water. I realize the pinks are slowly rolling in now, so looking for the best chances of having them reel in a pink of hatchery coho (something they can fight themselves and take home...not interested in chinooks...yet).

I haven't ocean trolled salmon for a loooong time (recently moved back from california...plenty of tuna/mahi). Set up an inshore boat (18' Lund Impact)...mostly a lake boat, but will take it on sheltered waters or when the weather is calm. Planning to mostly stay in the outer harbour between Pt. Atkinson and Ambelside, but will venture wherever I can safely go to get fish.

Any tips on best times/ares/depths/lures to find pinks right now?
(Have 1 downrigger with an assortment of flashers, hoochies, spoons, so have a decent arsenal).

Just want to make sure my kids get a love for fishing so any current updates are greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Am planning to take my kids out for their first ever taste of salmon fishing this weekend (they love freshwater fishing)...Need to do my best to keep them engaged with action or it will be a very short trip and a challenge to get them back on the water. I realize the pinks are slowly rolling in now, so looking for the best chances of having them reel in a pink of hatchery coho (something they can fight themselves and take home...not interested in chinooks...yet).

I haven't ocean trolled salmon for a loooong time (recently moved back from california...plenty of tuna/mahi). Set up an inshore boat (18' Lund Impact)...mostly a lake boat, but will take it on sheltered waters or when the weather is calm. Planning to mostly stay in the outer harbour between Pt. Atkinson and Ambelside, but will venture wherever I can safely go to get fish.

(Have 1 downrigger with an assortment of flashers, hoochies, spoons, so have a decent arsenal).

Just want to make sure my kids get a love for fishing so any current updates are greatly appreciated...

Thanks
Tow around some meat on one side because worse case scenario you catch a shark! Kids would probably like that…

Thanks
That area has been picking up lately. I'd go out on an incoming tide and fish until after the high tide. Do some jigging with a pink buzbomb or cast out an orange/pink/chartreuse spinner where you see fish on the sonar. twitching or fast/slow retrieves usually triggers a bite when they're in the mode. Usually any day would be good unless there's a strong NW wind combined with a big tide swing. Good luck!

Fished from 7.30 am till 3pm, from Gower point to entrance out around the hump and back to gower 2 hook up's for the day 1 wild coho and 1 under Chinook didnt see any action from the few other boats out
What happened at Bowen dried up a bit I guess. We hit 25 to 30 hook up on Sunday. Lots of pinks with coho in mix. Maybe just a wave they moved I assume.

Any tips for fishing a strong ebb in local waters here in Vancouver?

Fished from 7.30 am till 3pm, from Gower point to entrance out around the hump and back to gower 2 hook up's for the day 1 wild coho and 1 under Chinook didnt see any action from the few other boats out
What were you using and depth? I has decent action on tuesday. 7 salmon hooked, 3 landed in 3 hours. See previous report for details.

What were you using and depth? I has decent action on tuesday. 7 salmon hooked, 3 landed in 3 hours. See previous report for de
What were you using and depth? I has decent action on tuesday. 7 salmon hooked, 3 landed in 3 hours. See previous report for details.
was using a purple haze skinny g on one side various depths of 65ft up to 40ft and white glow squirt on other side between 75ft and 50ft both fish was on the purple haze

Interesting. Maybe try deeper with the warm water. Lots of action at 145-165 on the dr with white and bubblegum hootchie for me.

Back