2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished south east side of Bowen yesterday around 230 low tide. Got into 7 or 8 salmon. My 14 yr old had an awesome time! White and purple haze hoochies at 77 ft. A couple undersized springs, one wild coho and the rest looked like sockeye to me so we released all of them. Didnt expect to see the sockeye...is that normal this time of year?

Fished south east side of Bowen yesterday around 230 low tide. Got into 7 or 8 salmon. My 14 yr old had an awesome time! White and purple haze hoochies at 77 ft. A couple undersized springs, one wild coho and the rest looked like sockeye to me so we released all of them. Didnt expect to see the sockeye...is that normal this time of year?
You sure they weren’t pinks?

You sure they weren’t pinks?
Not completely sure but no spots at all....actually looked alot like that coho fishinbc posted in this thread on Sunday - but wild. I feel like I usually have a pretty good idea of the species. Was a bit lost yesterday so I released them all although my son really wanted us to keep them!

Not completely sure but no spots at all....actually looked alot like that coho fishinbc posted in this thread on Sunday - but wild. I feel like I usually have a pretty good idea of the species. Was a bit lost yesterday so I released them all although my son really wanted us to keep them!
This may help someone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-08-04-06-48.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-08-04-06-48.png
    195.1 KB · Views: 196
I've been trying out the app "FishingBC" and part of the things you can do with it is take a picture of the fish (or even use a photo you already took) and it will tell you what it is. It's been correct so far.

Was out yesterday on the Hump. I didn't get anything until I came off the north edge heading towards Worlcombe. Isn't that the RC trench;)? Had a number of takes and hookups but could not either get them to the boat or keep them on. I am assuming Coho. A little later hooked into a couple of Pinks. One was only about 3 1/2 lbs but it ripped line off the reel like a spring and gave me an acrobatic show like it was a Coho. Completely surprised to see it was a Pink. All fish on hootchies. Riggers at 93' and 77' Stacked lines 2 aside. So covering the water column from about 70' up. All lines had action, white hootchie, light purple haze, green hootchie and glow green needlefish hootchie. Bit bumpy until about noon but packed up at 1:00. I was all alone on the Hump.

Was out yesterday on the Hump. I didn't get anything until I came off the north edge heading towards Worlcombe. Isn't that the RC trench;)? Had a number of takes and hookups but could not either get them to the boat or keep them on. I am assuming Coho. A little later hooked into a couple of Pinks. One was only about 3 1/2 lbs but it ripped line off the reel like a spring and gave me an acrobatic show like it was a Coho. Completely surprised to see it was a Pink. All fish on hootchies. Riggers at 93' and 77' Stacked lines 2 aside. So covering the water column from about 70' up. All lines had action, white hootchie, light purple haze, green hootchie and glow green needlefish hootchie. Bit bumpy until about noon but packed up at 1:00. I was all alone on the Hump.
Yes, yes it is.

Back