2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Your tooo early Ringo, unless you started at 2am, i find it to be crap fishing on a heavy outgoing tide, a mellow outgoing tide is ok i find for all day fishing
No kidding! Started at 5:45
Saw a seal with a silver salmon in his mouth by the yellow can and decided to start from there. Only had until 2pm so decided to give it a go. Crappy tide for sure. Saw a net out at West Bay and that’s it so far.

Hey guys
Here’s an unofficial peer reviewed compilation map. This will help clear up what’s going on in our management areas in the next couple months. Not sure if it was posted yet. View attachment 68008
thanks Andrew for putting the time into this
That’s very useful. Thanks. The note for area 29-1 states no size limit commencing September 1st. Has the minimum length been waived?

See anything out there today @Ringo ?
Pretty slow from what I saw. Fished from 5:45-1:15. Only saw one net out at West Bay. Some bait around the freighters and spotted some suspended arcs but no takers. Talked to a guy at the dock and he had one small pink from South Bowen. RCMP checking vessels for safety! before noon. Asked me what I was fishing for and if I knew Chinook was still closed in the area. No issues for us but I saw an officer walked into a Grady just south east of PA. Not sure about the story but they’re out checking boats.

Hey guys
Here’s an unofficial peer reviewed compilation map. This will help clear up what’s going on in our management areas in the next couple months. Not sure if it was posted yet. View attachment 68008
thanks Andrew for putting the time into this
Went back and looked at the two FN pertaining to Chinook but didn’t see anything about area 28-6 and 28-9. Where does it say they are open starting August 1st and 13th? If 28-9 starts Aug 13th and no slot limits that would be awesome.Thanks.

Went back and looked at the two FN pertaining to Chinook but didn’t see anything about area 28-6 and 28-9. Where does it say they are open starting August 1st and 13th? If 28-9 starts Aug 13th and no slot limits that would be awesome.Thanks.
No official FN yet. It’s just speculation at this point.

Anchored off of fisheries for a few hours this afternoon. Did a bit of casting with some buzz bombs for what ended up being just for fun. The wife jigged up no less than five 3 foot dogs. No it couldn't have been the same one... trust me. The coolest part was I had just left the sabiki down near bottom and got a full pull of MASSIVE herring. I'm talking like 14". They were so shiny and bright. The dogs liked them as well. :mad: Crabbing sucked for some reason so ended up getting an overpriced steak from some hipster butcher shop/pub? on 4th Ave. It was a great steak though.

i fished south end of bowen yesterday started at 730 am off roger curtis had a double a undersize spring and lost a pink whuile trying to net it that was it till around 130 pm picked up a nice 6 lb hatchery coho i trolled south of bowen back and forth was pretty slow out there but the weather and seas were great

i fished south end of bowen yesterday started at 730 am off roger curtis had a double a undersize spring and lost a pink whuile trying to net it that was it till around 130 pm picked up a nice 6 lb hatchery coho i trolled south of bowen back and forth was pretty slow out there but the weather and seas were great
What were you using ?

Back