2021 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Jigging was more productive than trolling for me during the middle two weeks of July just past. Epsom had lots of bait fish around every time I went out. You also have a shot at bottom fish with same gear if you're so inclined.

Good thread on jigging for salmon in the main Saltwater page titled "Hi Tech Jigging". The only tech you need is flat fall jigs and a decent fish finder.

Jigging was more productive than trolling for me during the middle two weeks of July just past. Epsom had lots of bait fish around every time I went out. You also have a shot at bottom fish with same gear if you're so inclined.

Good thread on jigging for salmon in the main Saltwater page titled "Hi Tech Jigging". The only tech you need is flat fall jigs and a decent fish finder.
gave it a read and the videos a watch. really good info. thanks for sharing

One strike and 1 to the box last night at quarry bay, two the night before but certainly slowed down above Pender now (at least for me). Still seeing some good action at shoals or Epsom? Nephews are coming up this week and trying to decide what direction to go.

One strike and 1 to the box last night at quarry bay, two the night before but certainly slowed down above Pender now (at least for me). Still seeing some good action at shoals or Epsom? Nephews are coming up this week and trying to decide what direction to go.

Based on what I saw over the past weekend, I would stay higher up, quarry or scotch fir. I heard it was slow around Sarah pt this weekend from 2 boats, perhaps get some water under the boat and head deeper outside.

I hear several boats in Vancouver now targeting pinks. Anybody seeing pinks around here? I usually don't target pinks but they're a hoot for young kids if you get into them!

I hear several boats in Vancouver now targeting pinks. Anybody seeing pinks around here? I usually don't target pinks but they're a hoot for young kids if you get into them!
I saw huge schools of them between Gibsons and Sechelt out deep.

Someone needs to boot up to wigwam, if the pinks show up in numbers it's an amazing spot to teach kids how to cast a buzz bomb.

Yup Epsom has slowed but it's about being out and trying different tacks and tackle... Right;) I can tell you where they were not last weekend. Having said that lots of promise, decent popoffs, decent "lost it"! remarks and was better than home with the honey due list. Good secondhand reports from some areas but that can change so S-SI throw some darts at the charts enjoy the calm Strait.

Attachments

• IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    484 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 73
Yup Epsom has slowed but it's about being out and trying different tacks and tackle... Right;) I can tell you where they were not last weekend. Having said that lots of promise, decent popoffs, decent "lost it"! remarks and was better than home with the honey due list. Good secondhand reports from some areas but that can change so S-SI throw some darts at the charts enjoy the calm Strait.

Interesting tack...

I hope others have been doing better than me. It’s been very sad out there this week. I’m about ready to pack it in.

I was out on the long weekend saturday doin some cruisin swimming and fishing outta pender with some first timers. Fished orchard/quarry for an hour or two caught two unders (4lbish) and another fairly under at at fearny. Decided to go for a rip to get outta the winds up the channel past the wires for a swim and cool down. Decided to fish the evening tack and around 6pm managed to find a solid 12lb red spring. Was drifting with the current tight to the rock and fishing 69’ and 123’ caught it on the 123’ my always on glo green spatterback hooch w lime green moonjelly crinkle flasher. Only notable fish of the trip but a nice day it was!

I hope others have been doing better than me. It’s been very sad out there this week. I’m about ready to pack it in
Where you been fishing? We tried Ackland yesterday for two hours with a ling and a rockfish to show for it. Heading out tomorrow first light, trying to decide where. Pilings? Epsom? Have boat will travel

Where you been fishing? We tried Ackland yesterday for two hours with a ling and a rockfish to show for it. Heading out tomorrow first light, trying to decide where. Pilings? Epsom? Have boat will travel
Lots of time on both sides of the of Bjerre, around Whitestone, across at Texada, Pearson and even Quarry Bay yesterday. Can’t say I’ve seen many other boats taking fish either.

How deep do you normally fish off Upwood? ( I ask my brother the same things and he just rolls his eyes. Wherever the fish are showing on the finder).
I start off the west side in about 200 to 300 feet of water and fish the gear at 160 or so and wrap around the island and reef pushing in tighter towards the reef and bring the gear up as I try to get into 150 to 100 feet of water. I have a good sounder so I really watch fir bait and fish marks

From where you are, I'd head to scotch fir and have at it.

Back