2024 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Less than 100 days till it's Telegraph Cove time again , Wooo Hoooo. Guess I better buy a boat pretty soon. On another note , apparently it's going up for sale if anyone has deep pockets

It has been up for sale in the past. Family held onto it. Been goin there since the mid 90's and absolutely love the place!

It has been up for sale in the past. Family held onto it. Been goin there since the mid 90's and absolutely love the place!
We launched there from 88 to 96 - spending most of our time in the Broughtons. Watched the clearing and blasting when the new enterprise started up. Things were pretty tense between the old and new operations. We shifted to Malcolm Island as our base when our daughter was born, and only make it back to TC once a year for a nostalgic trip along the boardwalk and lunch at the Killer Whale cafe.

We launched there from 88 to 96 - spending most of our time in the Broughtons. Watched the clearing and blasting when the new enterprise started up. Things were pretty tense between the old and new operations. We shifted to Malcolm Island as our base when our daughter was born, and only make it back to TC once a year for a nostalgic trip along the boardwalk and lunch at the Killer Whale cafe.
I felt that the whole atmosphere changed (not necessarily for the better) when they blasted away the whole East side of the bay. It took on an entirely different (American-esque) vibe. I loved when they brought in the restaurant/pub though.

I love Telegaph Cove. But I am a little biased, as I have a place there. Wish I was retired and could spend July to September there fishing and playing around. Word is that Gordie is looking to get $18 mln for the whole place. Everything is supposed to stay the same, but I guess if you spend that type of $$ on it, you can do as you wish! A lot of the boardwalk homes need some TLC. The lodge is only a few years old and is a hit with the bus loads of tourists that come in to go whale watching.

Yeah I talked to Gord not long ago and he is ready to move on. Winters are long and lonely plus he has put in a few years and ready for a change.

Hi all, just wondering how it is up there, considering a quick trip to target a hali around Malcolm Island. I am in a 16ft boat. Any areas to avoid or sheltered areas that might be decent if it gets gusty? Appreciate any info

Really depends on the weather. Make sure you watch the RCA's as there are more than a few around there.There are spots north and east of Malcom island and near Stubbs.

I love Telegaph Cove. But I am a little biased, as I have a place there. Wish I was retired and could spend July to September there fishing and playing around. Word is that Gordie is looking to get $18 mln for the whole place. Everything is supposed to stay the same, but I guess if you spend that type of $$ on it, you can do as you wish! A lot of the boardwalk homes need some TLC. The lodge is only a few years old and is a hit with the bus loads of tourists that come in to go whale watching.
Where is your place there, do we know each other?

DS 29. Used to fish out of a blue NW Jet outboard (in the picture), but have moved up to a Hewescraft 22 OP. I've seen you out and about fishing when we are up there, but haven't had a chance to say hello properly. I'm up the last couple of weeks of July and early August every year. I will give you a shout out when we bump into each other this summer.

They are there. Snall tides best. Lingcod get hit pretty hard. Halibut come and go but that time is good as salmon are migrating and binging the halibut.

Back