2021 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Talked to a gentlemen today at John Henry’s while fuelling up, he released 9 fish from 4-7pm yesterday just out side of Martin island. Biggest being 30 pounds. He had a photo to show. 100ft on a green skinny g
Holy sh$&, 30lb equates to about a 42” spring, that’s massive! I know they get even bigger but it’s been a while since seeing those linkers in Pender!

Hi:
Any coho at Bjerre Shoals?? Can you let us know where in 16-1 or 16-2 you located the coho??
Thanks!!

You bet. Epsom and Bjerre have both been producing coho, all wild so far, but some big ho's 10-15+ pounds screamin reels and jumping multiple feet clear out of the water.

Such a hoot!

They've been hitting on typical chinook setups (haven't been targeting coho) from 50-80' - my shallow rigger, while the other side has been hitting just nooks. I reckon if you ran a 40 and 60' or stack from 30-90' with coho tackle, you'd find yourself a unicorn hatch eventually, and/or have a ton of fun playing the wildies.

You bet. Epsom and Bjerre have both been producing coho, all wild so far, but some big ho's 10-15+ pounds screamin reels and jumping multiple feet clear out of the water.

Such a hoot!

They've been hitting on typical chinook setups (haven't been targeting coho) from 50-80' - my shallow rigger, while the other side has been hitting just nooks. I reckon if you ran a 40 and 60' or stack from 30-90' with coho tackle, you'd find yourself a unicorn hatch eventually, and/or have a ton of fun playing the wildies.
I was wondering this as well. Not sure why guys were limiting so fast when there's coho to catch!

great question! assuming the SE eases, tomorrow morning I'll be running two top lines on divers with coho setups and two lines targeting chinook off the riggers...

searching for that unicorn hatch hoooo!!
They’ll hit the liveys as well troll around till you find some bait then anchor up and get the live bait going can’t beat 10+ pound coho without a flasher to drag around.

If you go up to pender harbour for a couple of days would I be ok to get one spring on day one and another on day two with a two possession count?

Up early Waited, Waited, Waited when is going to lay down? Missed the high tide... So at 1:30 why not poke the nose out see the sea state? Must be getting old, thought too lumpy windy call it.... Wife decides we should at least do a relaxing downwind tack "come on it's not Ukee wind and waves" First tack five min a Pop off! under but a good practice fish! lines down again same thing... Stopped counting the "looks to close to harass" so water release chins. at 7. Boxed one 69cm for processing. 4.0 hours later sea legs now have made a full recovery! Lots of Pop and off.. Epsom 100-120 bait one side spoon the other. Good times well worth the lumps! (PS sea sate looks vastly improved right now from Halfmoon)

Back