2021 Port Hardy Reports

Dave charges 150 a night per person. You won't find a better deal for that kind of money. Hotels in town are similar in price range without the majestic views at Duval point lodge. Slumming it would be tenting in the local camp grounds.

Dave charges 150 a night per person. You won't find a better deal for that kind of money. Hotels in town are similar in price range without the majestic views at Duval point lodge. Slumming it would be tenting in the local camp grounds.
Oh, I must have miss read the website, it says $700 per night per person.

Yes. Thats right. I always brought my own boat when our group stayed there. They have 14ft open boats for your use but that's a different package price. If you're looking for a place to tie up for the night and have a place to sleep, then that will probably work. Check out Scotia Bay like HH suggested first though!

Haven't been up there for a couple of years. A few of us will be heading up later this summer.

Got back last night. Salmon fishing was a little slow. There is a few salmon around but not in big numbers or size. Didn't really put too much effort into bottom fish as it was fairly windy all weekend. Ended up bringing home 4 springs, 3 lings and a pile of rock fish.

Got back last night. Salmon fishing was a little slow. There is a few salmon around but not in big numbers or size. Didn't really put too much effort into bottom fish as it was fairly windy all weekend. Ended up bringing home 4 springs, 3 lings and a pile of rock fish.

Did you fish nahwitti or brem or both?

Speaking of small bait in that are always have a few of these on hand-invented by a local lad.

2016-05-03-12-58-10-33846259d09f3ca9890b0ff38c461458.jpg

Speaking of small bait in that are always have a few of these on hand-invented by a local lad.

2016-05-03-12-58-10-33846259d09f3ca9890b0ff38c461458.jpg

those work great for chums & Sox in their respective patterns. Probably for pinks as well.

Coming up next weekend, been long time coming! Those that spend time in the area, is it worth bringing a crab trap or two? Mostly sticking around the bay and Gordon Island area. Thanks in advance !
Will also be up there next weekend! Stoked. And as for the crabbing I’m unsure, I know years ago we used to drop traps in coal harbour, but I’ve heard it’s not great anymore, and we also don’t feel like pulling the boat over. So the past few years we’ve left the traps at home.

Back