2021 Port Hardy Reports

Might make a trip up here in May or June for halibut and bottom fish. Is Cape Sutil good that time of year for springs?

Thanks

Will be heading up end of June to do some hali and salmon fishing ( might end up as a catch and release trip on the salmon end of things pending new regs). Was thinking of coming up April/May to try out some hali grounds. Is the halibut fishing decent yet at that time or still a bit early? Any info on how fishing is at that time would be great! Any excuse to get a second trip up island is good enough for me!

Anyone have anything to report? I'm looking to make my 1st ever trip to Hardy and was hoping someone would have something to say or suggest as I will have 4 days on the water.... areas etc. Been looking at charts but 1st hand would be great. TIA

Go all the way to the top of the island and fish right around Cape Sutil just do loops great easy fishing !!!! absolutely gorgeous up there !!! go a little off shore and fish the Nahwitti bar right on the bottom for salmon and hali sandy bottom and not very deep !!

Go all the way to the top of the island and fish right around Cape Sutil just do loops great easy fishing !!!! absolutely gorgeous up there !!! go a little off shore and fish the Nahwitti bar right on the bottom for salmon and hali sandy bottom and not very deep !!
^ this but watch the weather it's a cold lonely place

IMGP0272.jpg

If it's blowing you can still fish Duval Point I've usually done better further north toward the lodge although lots of people like to fish slow along that wall-the point closer to Hardy Bay holds Spring Salmon but sometime you end up just releasing Pinks there.

Always the best views from the Island side

IMGP0262.jpg

IMGP0272.jpg

If it's blowing you can still fish Duval Point I've usually done better further north toward the lodge although lots of people like to fish slow along that wall-the point closer to Hardy Bay holds Spring Salmon but sometime you end up just releasing Pinks there.

IMGP0262.jpg
fishing the bar though? seems suicidal, no?

Anyone have anything to report? I'm looking to make my 1st ever trip to Hardy and was hoping someone would have something to say or suggest as I will have 4 days on the water.... areas etc. Been looking at charts but 1st hand would be great. TIA
When are you going? AREA 12-14 has west coast regs.

IMGP0272.jpg

IMGP0262.jpg
agreed !!!!!

Lots of info on crossing the bar on the net.
Amazing to see nasty standing waves settle down to nothing at slack tide.

Hey all, any recommendations for affordable accommodations in the hardy area, preferably a little further North or in the islands, I like to mix a little adventure travel with my fishing.

Just through a last minute trip together for next weekend! Friday booked off and accommodations secured. Can't wait. First hand reports that there's salmon and hali at the cape. I'll be sure to report back my findings.
Excellent news, have fun! We will be going up the following weekend for a few days. We would be happy to keep the intel going. Going to target Hali and Lings, hopefully get on them in Gordon Island area but time will tell.

Back