2021 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Good Day this am, limit for three of us by 8:30am. Green flashers, ultra violet blue hootchies at 65 ft did the job
Are the UV blue hootchies you used small like the pink squirts or bigger ? Do you have a picture of them ? I’m heading up Saturday would be fun to try something different…I rarely venture from the bubblegum squirts..lol !

Some times just black hooks , that’s it just the hook
My uncle's neighbor was a commercial troller and he told me they were just using a silver hook with a silver swivel off the flasher and was killing the Coho so I guess just straight hooks would work!

Wicked morning, limited out by 7am. I ran a blue and pink squirt on one rod and a black and pink on the other. I cought all fish on the black and pink. Down 65 on the rigger with the squirt up 10 from the dummy.

Attachments

• 20210709_070916.jpg
    20210709_070916.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 84
Any predictions how many days are left of this fishery? Seems to be late in the year to me already. Back to work today but I could possibly take another crack at it Tuesday or Wednesday

Still best in the immediate China Creek area or ??? Thinking about hitting it tomorrow possibly.

Last weekend we did best out in the middle around Dunsmuir point area.

Limited with 4 of us today in front of the marina. All gear worked. Fish between 50 and 70’. Wind was a bit challenging. Lots of fish holding here. Hope they will go up the river to the lakes before the water gets too hot.

Limited with 4 of us today in front of the marina. All gear worked. Fish between 50 and 70’. Wind was a bit challenging. Lots of fish holding here. Hope they will go up the river to the lakes before the water gets too hot.
I am new to the area and this is my first year fishing for sockeye.
Took me three days to figure everything out. Thanks everyone for the info!
Two of us fished China Creek area right in front of marina yesterday and today. Limited out both days.
Most action on red hootchie, 28” leader, size 5 black hook, green/white flasher, 60’ to 65’ deep.
In my opinion the most important thing is to get your speed right so you get desired action on the lure.

Same result again this morning. It’s game on here. Limits early. Fish from 60-90’
Glad to hear the that they are still around. I'll be hitting it hard Tuesday morning. Come on Sox just hang around for 2 more days. Does anyone know if they close the China Creek gate at night anymore? We rolled in there on Wednesday morning around 5am and it was open. I'm hoping to get there a little earlier on Tuesday.

Glad to hear the that they are still around. I'll be hitting it hard Tuesday morning. Come on Sox just hang around for 2 more days. Does anyone know if they close the China Creek gate at night anymore? We rolled in there on Wednesday morning around 5am and it was open. I'm hoping to get there a little earlier on Tuesday.
Always open.

Back