2021 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Well my son and I are sitting on the hook offshore. Not to bad weather wise, a little lumpy. Trying to get the first Hali of the season. :)
Looks pretty nice out there. Just enough sea to put a little extra wiggle on the baits!

Great weekend over at the nook . We ended up with 2 Hali. 4 ling , 6 crabs and about 400 prawns. Salmon fishing was not that great , but we didn’t try too hard. We released a couple of shakers. The road going in is in not bad shape. :) How are you doing Ken? (Sea pp)

Last edited:
Great weekend over at the nook . We ended up with 2 Hali. 4 ling , 6 crabs and about 400 prawns. Salmon fishing was not that great , but we didn’t try too hard. We released a couple of shakers. The road going in is in not bad shape. :) How are you doing Ken? (Sea pp)
awesome

fished vernon last week did well fishing the afternoon tide change, kept a couple of low teen chinook.
skinny G outfitter was the choice spoon, 100 -120 feet of water fishing right on the bottom.

headed out sunday will try to give a more current report.

Well we didn't get into any Hali ,and we did a couple of passes at diplock , nothing. Tomorrow we'll put in a effort, we took a more relaxed approach at fishing today.

Well we didn't get into any Hali ,and we did a couple of passes at diplock , nothing. Tomorrow we'll put in a effort, we took a more relaxed approach at fishing today.
that is the best approach.

Sitting on anchor off shore, pretty nice waters out here today. Nothing yet ,only been sitting for 45 minutes.

We sat out there for a few hours this morning as well! No love for us either. But it sure was nice out. My little guy got into some serious black bass action on the way back it on an ultralight rod with 1.5oz jig so that made our day. Then we hit the beach to enjoy the sunshine.

Attachments

• 20210417_075935.jpg
    20210417_075935.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 20210417_124749.jpg
    20210417_124749.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 178
We spent a few more hours on the hook this am but no hali for us. Oh well, stopped on the way back in to check out our black bass spot and my youngest got his first ever keeper fish to take home that he reeled in on his two foot long spider man rod! The smile says it all. Grabbed a couple lings and spent the afternoon on the Beach! If only the weather could always be that nice out there!

Attachments

• 20210418_120359.jpg
    20210418_120359.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 457
  • 20210418_120256.jpg
    20210418_120256.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 412
  • 20210418_203853.jpg
    20210418_203853.jpg
    641.9 KB · Views: 463
We spent a few more hours on the hook this am but no hali for us. Oh well, stopped on the way back in to check out our black bass spot and my youngest got his first ever keeper fish to take home that he reeled in on his two foot long spider man rod! The smile says it all. Grabbed a couple lings and spent the afternoon on the Beach! If only the weather could always be that nice out there!
Looks like a stellar day!

I like the comment you have on your boat about what it runs on-I'll have to remember that one.

Back