2021 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Well we ended up with 6 nice lings , the one Hali and 120 prawns. :)

Attachments

• FADBB710-A517-4F5D-862B-EBEF220F39A5.jpeg
    FADBB710-A517-4F5D-862B-EBEF220F39A5.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 447
  • 8677BF55-2572-4F85-8908-EA65B58F6AA7.jpeg
    8677BF55-2572-4F85-8908-EA65B58F6AA7.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 431
  • 8348A882-FB0A-4EBB-9201-838845E11822.jpeg
    8348A882-FB0A-4EBB-9201-838845E11822.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 447
The way things are shaping up might be dicey even making it out there this summer. Man that would suck big time. Not sure I could handle missing another year. Its going to be a stellar year for Chinook this year too, this is the year to be out there. But it will be what it will be.

In the mean time I’ll just continue to live vicariously through you guys. Keep the pics coming please and enjoy boys.

The way things are shaping up might be dicey even making it out there this summer. Man that would suck big time. Not sure I could handle missing another year. Its going to be a stellar year for Chinook this year too, this is the year to be out there. But it will be what it will be.

In the mean time I’ll just continue to live vicariously through you guys. Keep the pics coming please and enjoy boys.
You’ll make it out your a resourceful guy.

Going to Bamfield for the first time this summer, August 19-22 can’t wait staying at McKay lodge. Just a question what is the prawning like that time of year is it worth it to bring the traps to soak without having to run far outside the sound? Thanks for any advice

Going to Bamfield for the first time this summer, August 19-22 can’t wait staying at McKay lodge. Just a question what is the prawning like that time of year is it worth it to bring the traps to soak without having to run far outside the sound? Thanks for any advice

I personally wouldn’t. it will have been smashed hard by the time you arrive and you’re in the absolute prime week of salmon fishing there. focus your time and effort on the silver fish amigo

I’m always a bit apprehensive leaving traps unattended during the busy times out there. It’s one extra thing I don’t want to have on my mind while fishing.

I’d bring them. With the restrictions, the prawns won’t be hit as hard as they usually are. I’ve haven’t lost any traps to someone stealing them. I have lost a set to the log booms. My fault :( And ya might get to play with the slime eels. :cool: Anyways good luck.

Last edited:
I’d bring them. With the restrictions, the prawns won’t be hit as hard as they usually are. I’ve haven’t lost any traps to someone stealing them. I have lost a set to the log booms. My fault :( And ya might get to ply with the slime eels. :cool: Anyways good luck.
Ok thanks for the intel guys now does anyone want to point me in the right direction of some spots worth trying

I haven’t been on it in a while , but it’s not been to bad so far this year. Usually it gets bad after a good down pour. :)

Took the family out to the sound this weekend and stayed on the boat to get away. Took a couple lings home and a few black bass. Released a pile more bottom fish. So much fun in shallow water on light gear (25-50'). Salmon fishing was slow hooked one or two at each location and kept one around 60 cm that was our biggest. Fished harbour entrance, swale, Kirby, diplock and Vernon bay.

Attachments

• IMG_3891.jpg
    IMG_3891.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_3890.jpg
    IMG_3890.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_3924.jpg
    IMG_3924.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_3933.png
    IMG_3933.png