2021 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Yeah, we hung around there for the weekend. There's a few sites there that we would be interested in for next year. Well have to wait and see what opens up.
I thought your boat looked familiar from somewhere. I saw you guys sitting by your boat at the Nook Sat eve. when I dropped my trailer off. Beauty Hourston!

60'-120'-- 6'-7' leader. small spoons. fish have been caught just outside the harbour and in it , ships, cree/austin tac..

more squids too. way slower than last year. waiting for the fat bastards to be lying on their sides during the day in the harbour. thats when you know the Loligo Opalescens are thick.

60'-120'-- 6'-7' leader. small spoons. fish have been caught just outside the harbour and in it , ships, cree/austin tac..

more squids too. way slower than last year. waiting for the fat bastards to be lying on their sides during the day in the harbour. thats when you know the Loligo Opalescens are thick.
Sea lions?

Why you talk about me like that???? How dare you lol

Can one of you scholars tell me what the real name for black bombers is? I’ve always called them black cod or pacific black cod. I can’t find them in the regs. Thanks

sebastes melanops are black rockfish cousin to all the other rockish like copper, quillback, yelloweye etc...
sablefish are also called black cod (Anoplopoma fimbria)

Anyone in this group know a cabin with dock available for rent for a fishing several fishing trips this summer (bringing my own boat from Sunshine Coast over and dropping in Port Alberni).

Got out this morning for the first time this year. Dropped in at my new go to spot after trophywife mentioned it last year on the thread. Plan was to troll from oahut up to Kirby but the fish changed that. Lots of bait on sounder and bubbling on surface and had a small spring on in the first 10 min. After that never left the area. Hooked 7 springs and 2 under sized lings in the 3 hours out. Biggest a low teen wild i released. Kept a10lb hatch with rest averaging 8lbs. All fish on white hootchies. Will be at whittlestone first thing tomorrow dragging a ball through the mud trying to troll up one of those elusive inshore halis. Capt mo

Pill point was the place to be this morning. Limited before 8 am. Largest was 12lbs. 70- 75 feet on the rigger. All on spoons everything from a coho killer to a 4.0 coyote spoon. Hatchery fish...thank you USA.

Last edited:
Pill point was the place to be this morning. Limited before 8 am. Largest was 12lbs. 70- 75 feet on the rigger. All on spoons everything from a coho killer to a 4.0 coyote spoon. Hatchery fish...thank you USA.
You're welcome. As payment can you possibly lobby your BC Parliament to open the border for at least us vaccinated 'old people', so we can do the WCVI trip we've done for the last 30+ years? We really miss Barkley's solitude and not having to fish those same Springs with literally 1000 of our 'best friends' when they get back to the Columbia. We'd be glad to wait until after your 'long weekend'. Please, Please! Not that we are begging.
Oh well.
Tight lines, be safe.
jc, Tuna Maru

You're welcome. As payment can you possibly lobby your BC Parliament to open the border for at least us vaccinated 'old people', so we can do the WCVI trip we've done for the last 30+ years? We really miss Barkley's solitude and not having to fish those same Springs with literally 1000 of our 'best friends' when they get back to the Columbia. We'd be glad to wait until after your 'long weekend'. Please, Please! Not that we are begging.
Oh well.
Tight lines, be safe.
jc, Tuna Maru
Sure, just send us 20 million Pfizer and Moderna jabs first

Back