2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know but he was being a bit heavy on the horn like I did something wrong. he approached from way off. im just in the middle of no where trolling along and I would normally move over but I didnt like the continuous sounding even the way he sounded it. these tug guys can tow through super narrow channels and he just wanted to come right at me.

I live by the belief that if something can crush me like a bug, I'm going to GTFO of the way regardless of the situ. It was my neighbor across the street who acted on behalf of the kid who lost their parents when they ended up between a tug and a barge at night off West Van so I'm always on the look out for "3 up , 3 down" on the mast. Sorry to hear it was slow out there, feels like the shift to winters is just around the corner...

Last edited:
Yeah I know but he was being a bit heavy on the horn like I did something wrong. he approached from way off. im just in the middle of no where trolling along and I would normally move over but I didnt like the continuous sounding even the way he sounded it. these tug guys can tow through super narrow channels and he just wanted to come right at me.
Why bother ******* around with a tug ? You have absolutely no idea the variables that play into tugboating and towing barges. Get out of the way ffs.... you don’t like the way he is sounding the horn ? Are you fricken serious ?? Your an accident waiting to happen

I'm wondering how many fish were caught up in the Capilano dam release today. Can't have been good for the future
of that fishery. Unfortunate accident. Anyone see anything at the mouth of the Cap today?

I know I know but something tells me the course he was on was to get as close to me as possible. I fished sandheads a lot and the bigger vessels we usually just turn the hell out of the way. But seriously 2 boats going slow as **** and to be blasting air horns more than is necessary. Im stubborn that way I dont like tardiness.

Its people like you that shouldn’t be on the water .... when I’m towing and this **** happens your putting a whole crew in jeopardy including yourself that barge dosnt have brakes .... this was the stupidest thing I’ve ever read on here ....

I apologize maybe I shouldnt have done it but im a little pissed by the lack of curtesy from boats commercial and people zipping all over the place. I know its not good with tugs scared the **** out of me one morning I saw a tug and had no idea if he had a barge. stop dead to avoid a disaster.

Not even a decent bite. Just nibbles. We did from 10 am until 5 pm. Cap Mouth. Bell Buoy. UBC , T-10 Nothing. Lots of activity. Saw herring jumping out of the water. Lots of seals. No fish. Zero. Nada. We were fishing 45 to 85. All depths. And we tried 120 for a while. Nothing.
Anyone got anything at Cap?
Put in a similar shift on Wednesday: Cap/Bell/NA to T10. 40-80 on chovys. One pin popper at cap around 10am at 80ft, but came off right away. Nothing else all day. As long as weather holds its nice just to be out there, but a fish would sure be great. Supposed to be warmest Sept in 25 years, maybe the remaining fish are holding off??? Good luck to all; appreciate all the reports.

A couple of hits today at SH. No Springs but I sense they are there again. BTW, I saw the tug and barge and heard his multiple 5 in a rows. I think it’s best to get out of the way. He’s working. There weren’t a ton of people fishing there today so it was easy for any of us to change course on a dime. I don’t want to **** off a guy with a couple of hundred tons behind him. I think showing a pro some respect goes a long way. Just one mans view.

I'm wondering how many fish were caught up in the Capilano dam release today. Can't have been good for the future
of that fishery. Unfortunate accident. Anyone see anything at the mouth of the Cap today?
I was there all morning. Nothing on my line or any boat around me. By the time I came back there were 2-3 boats around 5. I’m going out again tomorrow. Will check the Cap mouth in the morning and will report here. Will I head to SH or T10 around noon if Cap is dead

I was there all morning. Nothing on my line or any boat around me. By the time I came back there were 2-3 boats around 5. I’m going out again tomorrow. Will check the Cap mouth in the morning and will report here. Will I head to SH or T10 around noon if Cap is dead
Thanks Armando.

I apologize maybe I shouldnt have done it but im a little pissed by the lack of curtesy from boats commercial and people zipping all over the place. I know its not good with tugs scared the **** out of me one morning I saw a tug and had no idea if he had a barge. stop dead to avoid a disaster.

you are out there at your leisure , many people make their living on the water , think about it

Starting the Cap mouth. Let’s see if yesterday’s flood did anything for us. Heading down to SH around noon if they’re nothing here

Beautiful 8-9lb hatch ho out in 400’ @67 on the rigger on meat
Not bad for 40 min of fishing or so. Nice !
I have to work so I can buy some more gear the seal took last time out oh and fuel, should find a money buddy .... Na, SOLO is so much funner :) !
Have a great day out there looks like a goodin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back