2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flat calm
Our a10am , fish on , good one, 500dt water 69ft down on red blood nose anchovie
Seal gets it
Derurant jams
Seal takes gear and line wraps around 9.9
Back to Steveston to untangle 9.9
Back at 500ft lines back in water
F$*ken seals

Attachments

• 20200930_122558.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 155
Flat calm
Our a10am , fish on , good one, 500dt water 69ft down on red blood nose anchovie
Seal gets it
Derurant jams
Seal takes gear and line wraps around 9.9
Back to Steveston to untangle 9.9
Back at 500ft lines back in water
F$*ken seals
I like the safety on your rod. Do you un-clip once in your hands or fight the fish while its on? I am thinking you learned an expensive lesson from experience?:)

I like the safety on your rod. Do you un-clip once in your hands or fight the fish while its on? I am thinking you learned an expensive lesson from experience?:)
Clip to cleat on boat, just unclip and play

Been out at SH since 330 in buddies old mans new 345 conquest for a little test run. Nothing yet. Beauty day though! Hopefully we don’t get smoked out again this week.

How is that platform for fishing?
Hah, it’s pretty nice. Certainly no issues trolling down on one of the mains. It’s the pilothouse model. Only “complaint” would be it’s a very tight door to the cabin, almost have to go in sideways. Could be problematic if you were a heavyset individual. Easy to maneuver with that joystick which is completely uncharted territory for a guy like me.

This one was solo too, 22 lbs. I have a Beckman net with the most ridiculous length shaft that I always mean to cut down but never seem to remember to actually do it. So solo netting is epic and this thing fought likely hardest of all fish I got into this year. 15 mins to get it to show me its side then wtf thing takes off again and hard, I thought I'd been sealed. Anyway cleaned up like a late season marbled and still nice color in the skin. Seems these fish are showing up late and have only just arrived. This was the only real hit I had all day.

Unreal comeback, Sirvivor!!

Its not over, see ya out there Friday...

Attachments

• 20200930_162207_resized.jpg
    20200930_162207_resized.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Hah, it’s pretty nice. Certainly no issues trolling down on one of the mains. It’s the pilothouse model. Only “complaint” would be it’s a very tight door to the cabin, almost have to go in sideways. Could be problematic if you were a heavyset individual. Easy to maneuver with that joystick which is completely uncharted territory for a guy like me.
I've seen that model at Coal Harbour Marina, and had the same observation about the door. It's really narrow. Otherwise, looks like it would be great to fish from. Tight lines!

Great happy ending!

Post a pic if you've got one... some of us are stuck in front of a laptop and living vicariously...
A 22 and a happy ending....must be nice.

This one was solo too, 22 lbs. I have a Beckman net with the most ridiculous length shaft that I always mean to cut down but never seem to remember to actually do it. So solo netting is epic and this thing fought likely hardest of all fish I got into this year. 15 mins to get it to show me its side then wtf thing takes off again and hard, I thought I'd been sealed. Anyway cleaned up like a late season marbled and still nice color in the skin. Seems these fish are showing up late and have only just arrived. This was the only real hit I had all day.

Sandheads?

Thanks ab1752, looks like you had a good one today, have a great Friday, I gotta wait until wed to try it all again lol. Please post your fish on friday !!
Tightlines and go getem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back