2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heading out of south arm...really foggy from boat launch at the moment. Be careful everyone.

Once out at SH perfectly clear. Gorgeous Day. For those who are on thr fence get out here. Can't best this. No traffic whatsoever.

Last edited:
haha, worked yesterday??? I must have missed out on this hot bite you are referring to ;)

We trolled around sandheads for 4 hours from 1-5pm on the flood and not a sniff for us and we had the deadliest looking chovy rolls I've thrown out all season. Didn't see a single other boat with any sort of action either, though it sounds like there were a couple (ie 2) fish caught during this time. Really poor fishing for this time of year at sandheads compared to the last several years where late Sept was still quite good (4-6 fish days on avg). It's been a relative dead zone for the past couple of weeks which is very surprising as late Sept is prime run timing for relatively abundant harrison / chilliwack chinook. Maybe they snuck up early or maybe they're hiding somewhere in the SOG? One place they are not is congregating off sandheads where they are 'supposed' to be. Good on those who managed to get one yesterday!

Go get em! 65 and 69 worked yesterday so you're in the zone for sure. Bite seemed to come on close to slack flood.

Only bite I've seen at SH today is a seal chomping down on a fairly good sized chinook. He's definitely better at catching fish than me. Not sure why he has to go after my fish last few outtings. Greedy SOB.

haha, worked yesterday??? I must have missed out on this hot bite you are referring to ;)

We trolled around sandheads for 4 hours from 1-5pm on the flood and not a sniff for us and we had the deadliest looking chovy rolls I've thrown out all season. Didn't see a single other boat with any sort of action either, though it sounds like there were a couple (ie 2) fish caught during this time. Really poor fishing for this time of year at sandheads compared to the last several years where late Sept was still quite good (4-6 fish days on avg). It's been a relative dead zone for the past couple of weeks which is very surprising as late Sept is prime run timing for relatively abundant harrison / chilliwack chinook. Maybe they snuck up early or maybe they're hiding somewhere in the SOG? One place they are not is congregating off sandheads where they are 'supposed' to be. Good on those who managed to get one yesterday!
Not as many but much larger than I can ever remember

Been at it since 6am. Staying until 7 after the flood. May as well. On another not a seaspan tug comes up on me blaring his horn. I'm in the middle of no where out way from the can. He keeps blasting it expecting me to pickup my fishing gear or whatever. Normally I would but he was so persistent on the horn I said screw it and had a shouting match with the captain. Nothing like a good trade off with another boater who thinks he owns the seas.

Been at it since 6am. Staying until 7 after the flood. May as well. On another not a seaspan tug comes up on me blaring his horn. I'm in the middle of no where out way from the can. He keeps blasting it expecting me to pickup my fishing gear or whatever. Normally I would but he was so persistent on the horn I said screw it and had a shouting match with the captain. Nothing like a good trade off with another boater who thinks he owns the seas.

Was this earlier in the day..i think I saw you in the distance....was he towing a big barge ?

Was this earlier in the day..i think I saw you in the distance....was he towing a big barge ?
qq
Yeah that was me. I was on the trolling motor had no where to really go. I was the only boat I would of turn to the right and let him be but he was just being a knob with the horn lol

qq
Yeah that was me. I was on the trolling motor had no where to really go. I was the only boat I would of turn to the right and let him be but he was just being a knob with the horn lol

From a distance it looked like you both were on a direct collision course.

There was a lot of crap in water today and lots of barges and tug boats. Almost every 15 mins another seaspan or tug or barge was plowing through...

A few back to back skunk days and that was it for me for SH boys.

Someone tell me they got a keeper today.

Last edited:
He could of changed his corse slightly to his left i was doing maybe 3.5 kph. But intolerance wins almost everytime. I had enough and gave me him gears.

Yeah seems you have to put in a few days to get something.

From a distance it looked like you both were on a direct collision course.

There was a lot of crap in water today and lots of barges and tug boats. Almost every 15 mins another seaspan or tug or barge was plowing through...

Wasn't enjoying how slow it was and went in early. Fish cops checked me out at ramp. While they were both nice, Funny thing was the guy asked me about my mooching reel and asked if it was for bottom fishing because he's never seen a reel like that before. Really wanted to go on a rant while they were there about the chinook BS but didn't have the energy to go into it. Besides, they aren't the ones implementing the idiotic policies.

A few back to back skunk days and that was it for me for SH boys.

Someone tell me they got a keeper today.
Not even a decent bite. Just nibbles. We did from 10 am until 5 pm. Cap Mouth. Bell Buoy. UBC , T-10 Nothing. Lots of activity. Saw herring jumping out of the water. Lots of seals. No fish. Zero. Nada. We were fishing 45 to 85. All depths. And we tried 120 for a while. Nothing.
Anyone got anything at Cap?

He could of changed his corse slightly to his left i was doing maybe 3.5 kph. But intolerance wins almost everytime. I had enough and gave me him gears.

Yeah seems you have to put in a few days to get something.
If he’s in tow, he has the right of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back